By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

FAO Betting types

sutty

Is there a site out there that helps you calculate the optimal way to lay an open position on a bet?

Concrete numbers.

200 on 9/2, is now 1/2

I want to ensure I don't f*** it up (I'm laying it off for Al)

Using those exact same numbers would anyone like to explain in layman's terms (see what I did there) what this laying malarky is? I've never really got it.

Punter backed city for 200 @ 9/2. His return will be 900. In the interim, the odds have now fallen to 1/2. If you don't lay if city win you get 900, if they lose you get nothing

If you do lay...

If the punter lays city for 200 pounds @ 1/2 the liability will by 100 (200 * 1/2)

Therefore if city win the title, the return would be 800 (the original 900- the laid 100). If city don't win the title they'd get back the 200 on the lay - the 200 original stake.

And you can optimise it accordingly

What I did eventually was laid city for 600 @1/2 with a liability of 300. So irrespective of the outcome, the return will be 600

Punter backed city for 200 @ 9/2. His return will be 900.

If you stick £200 on at 9-2 the return is 1100. The profit is 900. And your laying description and maths is also wrong, unless you mean that you're willing to let someone back City at 1-2 with £200, therefore committing only £100 of your own money and not £200.

Edited by Earl Hafler

So irrespective of the outcome, the return will be 600

You sure ? If Man City don't win, you keep the £600 laid but lose the £200 original stake

At this point, Al is £200 better off if City win the title.

Edited by Earl Hafler

BigAl stuck a £200 bet on City ?

Yep, before the season started.

Bet 365 did an offer that they matched your deposit so before cheltenham last year I stuck £200 in the account, made it £400, the rules were you had to play with your deposit x 4 or 5 or something like that, before you could withdraw your funds by 1st July

I had £200 in the account looking at a bet for league, city were 9/2 I thought there was value, hoping they would sign Aguero and others, so lumped on.

Yep, before the season started.

Bet 365 did an offer that they matched your deposit so before cheltenham last year I stuck £200 in the account, made it £400, the rules were you had to play with your deposit x 4 or 5 or something like that, before you could withdraw your funds by 1st July

I had £200 in the account looking at a bet for league, city were 9/2 I thought there was value, hoping they would sign Aguero and others, so lumped on.

MANC!

fair play

You sure ? If Man City don't win, you keep the £600 laid but lose the £200 original stake

At this point, Al is £200 better off if City win the title.

Aye, I guess. Part of this is because the 200 is effectively free money (though of course it is still worth 200 quid so isn't actually free)

Aye, I guess. Part of this is because the 200 is effectively free money (though of course it is still worth 200 quid so isn't actually free)

Now you've explained it was a free better / offer, i agree with you.

Guineas this weekend.

Had a few quid each way on Talwar at 50-1. Beat one of the favourites last year and loves the soft ground. Some of these are going to really struggle on Saturday.

Might dry out

:hooked:

If anyone is watching the Chester meeting on Channel 4 today, take a look at Ile De Re in the Cup. Also think Zaina has a chance in the Oaks, although Betterbetterbetter looks unbeatable on form and pedigree. Just Past Andover in the first, Star Rover each way in the last.

Aye. Not had much racing though and hasn't progressed as expected. Varian has a lot of fancied runners who don't run to form. Prefer the each way bet on mine.

Jockey has had a clear run up the m6 and is hoping for the same in the race on shubaat! Could do both I suppose

Edited by domlfc