By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

John Pilger

Snookie

John Pilger was as close as I got to having a hero when I was growing up. This was largely down to my upbringing. My parents taught us, from an early age:

• the importance of justice
  • the need to fight for what is right, and
  • to never give up hope that the world can be changed for the better

Pilger's TV and print journalism embodies those values His personal website has recently been revamped and he's added nearly every documentary he has ever made plus an assortment of other stuff to it. These can be seen here.

John Pilger was as close as I got to having a hero when I was growing up. This was largely down to my upbringing. My parents taught us, from an early age:

• the importance of justice
  • the need to fight for what is right, and
  • to never give up hope that the world can be changed for the better

Pilger's TV and print journalism embodies those values His personal website has recently been revamped and he's added nearly every documentary he has ever made plus an assortment of other stuff to it. These can be seen here.

Thanks mate. He has credibility with our parents generation, which is certainly valuable at the moment, sat down with the folks while visiting to watch the last one.

One of the most jarring things i've read during the recent anti-wikileaks/assange onslaught, was Catherine Bennetts worthless & snide remarks about John Pilger. Supposed Journalists like her, and partner John Humphrys for that matter, are unworthy of of the title in comparison & part of the problem. The media needs more like him.

The War You Don't See? Brilliant stuff.

We'll never get that sort of Documentary over here in Australia. Murdoch has us all foxed.

Yes. It's great that a film like that can still get aired on the shocker that is ITV. They had a great history of superb reportage that is becoming less and less frequent here. Don't know what's it like in oz now but there was the occasional documentary on east timor and aboriginal issues on the abc and sbs when I was there early 90's.

Yes. It's great that a film like that can still get aired on the shocker that is ITV. They had a great history of superb reportage that is becoming less and less frequent here. Don't know what's it like in oz now but there was the occasional documentary on east timor and aboriginal issues on the abc and sbs when I was there early 90's.

SBS will still show hard hitting documentaries, ABC less so these days.