By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Primal scream Friday night

jimbolala

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they played it - I could be wrong though

Yeah, Denmark / Germany.

What night was the final and what night did the Scream play? I thought the Scream played on Friday but I remember watching the final on the tour bus. But something has to be wrong there as surely the final would've been on a Sunday.

Oh yeah, The Fall on the Pyramid (i think). I'm sure that MES wore a gun holster - but I may be wrong. Lot's of loons there that year but good loons.

I had to lie down when Dr Phibes were on.

Here's the line-up from 92;

http://www.songkick....y-festival-1992

And it all starts to come back to me now! Jeez, there was some s**** on that year.

Christ, there was some awful rubbish. Thank christ I got so f***ed up before the thing started that I missed my flight and spent the weekend in an addled mess with some friends in Cork. Was it really hot that weekend because I've an idea we watched the final on a portable tv sitting on a pitch.

Am I right in thinking that Primal Scream didnt' play Higher Than The Sun?

apparently not...if you look a bit further down that page you posted

"Undoubtedly their high point - a sunkissed evening at the NME stage Friday night, just after they had released UFOrb. OOBE, UFOrb, Little Fluffy Clouds, Assassin, Blue Room (feat Jah Wobble), Huge Evergrowing Pulsating Brain...and a return cameo at the end of headliner Primal Scream's set to mix Higher Than the Sun - jamming on to end with Singing in the Rain. An absolutely blinding set. One of my all time favourite gig memories. Not a bad way to spend your first-ever evening at Glastonbury! Huge respect to Dr Alex - still going strong. Looking forward to the greatest (s)hits set this year at Glasto..."

apparently not...if you look a bit further down that page you posted

"Undoubtedly their high point - a sunkissed evening at the NME stage Friday night, just after they had released UFOrb. OOBE, UFOrb, Little Fluffy Clouds, Assassin, Blue Room (feat Jah Wobble), Huge Evergrowing Pulsating Brain...and a return cameo at the end of headliner Primal Scream's set to mix Higher Than the Sun - jamming on to end with Singing in the Rain. An absolutely blinding set. One of my all time favourite gig memories. Not a bad way to spend your first-ever evening at Glastonbury! Huge respect to Dr Alex - still going strong. Looking forward to the greatest (s)hits set this year at Glasto..."

Ha ha - yikes indeed.

If you can remember it, you weren't really there etc, etc.

so they did come on rather early 7.45 ish and played a selection of their songs, had a break then came on again with screamadelica.

The venue was quite cool, easy to get to and huge.

The gig itself was pretty good, although the guy i was with hated it!

Good to see them do their own support, much better than listening to some new band struggling with the main bands pa.

good night out

its a f***ing mare...fortunately I generally sleep right through anyway, Urse gets the worst of it obviously as theres no point in me doing anything until he's on the bottle.

great minds think alike.....

stupid seldom differ.

I didn't realise you'd had another OM, so many congrats. Good to see you sticking with the good strong prod names :)