By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Sportmans Dinner

Dan

Me and a few of the lads are organising a charity sportsmans dinner in memory of our mate who died of cancer in the summer.

Based on cost and availability the after dinner speakers have been whittled down to a choice between:

Aldo

Lee Sharpe

Chris Waddle

Paul Merson

Chris Kamara

Not a brilliant list imo but it's what we've got to work with. Have any of you heard these lot speak at a similar event? If so what were they like? If there aren't any on the list who have you heard who was really good?

I'm obviously pusing for Aldo but in the back of my mind I'm wondering if he'll actually be any good. The lad who died was a City season ticket holder, I'm the only Liverpool fan who is helping to organise it so I don't reckon Aldo will get many votes. Don't want Kamara.

Cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's this, the bargain basement speakers' bureau?

Bit sh*t yeh. Availability is a big issue though for the date we want, a lot of the big names are booked up. I'd also be prepared to pay a bit more for tickets (and a better speaker) but i'm not the main organiser and I'm not stumping up about £8k out of my back pocket to fund it!

I've heard Merson is good actually. And this was at an event in Liverpool

Ruddock was meant to be the best if you can afford him. I think he likes being paid in brasses though

That's what the agency said, largely due to the fact that he goes and gets bladdered with you all afterwards in town. He's unavailable for our night. I reckon the big fat tw*t would do my head in as a speaker anyway.

That's what the agency said, largely due to the fact that he goes and gets bladdered with you all afterwards in town. He's unavailable for our night. I reckon the big fat tw*t would do my head in as a speaker anyway.

I know a fella who went to a night Ruddock was speaking at. They finished about 8am in a house in Anfield

I'm not sure i would have found his 'isn't it funny how unprofessional i was' act funny either though

Why are you paying them? Surely, as it's for charity, you go with the one who has the decency to waive the fee

None of them do that as far as I'm aware. You go through an agency who sort out your speaker, mc and comedian.

None of them do that as far as I'm aware. You go through an agency who sort out your speaker, mc and comedian.

Give Gravy a shout. See if he can find someone.

I know it's their living, but that's money that could go towards the cause.