By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

E-Mail Accounts

Bootser

I had Freeserve/Orange as my ISP and chucked them for BT. A few days ago I got an e-mail from Orange stating that as the account was dormant it would be closed unless I reactivated blah de blah. I didn't and it did. Bollix!!

What is my best option now for getting an e-mail account - I didn't realise just how much a bollix it would be to let the other lapse. I assume I can get a BT e-mail account?

Ta folks.

What about when any of the free mail providers suddenly and without warning delete s*** loads of your old emails?

Gmail allows pop/imap access, you can always download them offline if you really want to.

In any case, I cant see that happening with Google.

Just get a gmail account and be done with it, that way if you ever move isp again it won't matter.

Is the correct answer.

What about when any of the free mail providers suddenly and without warning delete s*** loads of your old emails?

Have ran hotmail and gmail accounts for years - even my work stuff comes through them - never happened to me, despite world of pdf, tiff and other large attachments being a standard element.