By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

'Liverpool Waters' Docks Regeneration

Sion

that was my idea, giulio pulling up to parr st studios on a zodiac raft

I'm doing that anyway, because my raft of the future has flight capabilities

was in Parr st on satdee night, where may or may not have made a total c*** of myself - but it's a forgiving place so am confident of re-entry

Peel Holdings are also planning to spend £4.5bn on Birkenhead docks.

Invest in Wirral

BBC link

you'd think they could find a few pennies down the back of their sofa to buy LFC

so we've got 2 mega schemes, Liverpool and Wirral

but our planning boys will try hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

stupid f*****s

Edited by Molby

The stuff about the heritage people moaning is ridiculous. The only thing I know of that should be saved in the docks area is the old massive warehouse at Albert Dock which should be renovated and turned into something useful.

They're actually willing to reject this investment in theory because of a few buildings nobody cares about? ridiculous.

I'm doing that anyway, because my raft of the future has flight capabilities

was in Parr st on satdee night, where may or may not have made a total c*** of myself - but it's a forgiving place so am confident of re-entry

i don't remember this at all, where you dancing???

Can i imagine some of the greatest buildings in the UK being built in Liverpool, yes yes i can't.

Why are you such a c***? You should literally f*** off.

Anyway, my bit of input into this is that the Liverpool Waters won't happen but the Birkenhead one might, and for it to be a success they should stop charging for the tunnel.

I'd consider working or even living over the water if it was free.

i don't remember this at all, where you dancing???

obviously not or my post would have read entirely differently

but I do remember letting on to a barmaid, getting her mixed up with a bird that used to stay at mine and that I used to put in a sleepsuit, usually Barca away plus white trackie bottoms - and getting short shrift for my drunken drug fuelled mistaken identity antics

but I do remember letting on to a barmaid, getting her mixed up with a bird that used to stay at mine and that I used to put in a sleepsuit, usually Barca away plus white trackie bottoms - and getting short shrift for my drunken drug fuelled mistaken identity antics

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

:lol: Doh, that should say can. Liverpool has been building great and improtant buildings for centuries, The first reinforced concrete building in the country for one.

Just be thankful the current planners weren't in place when St Georges Hall, the William Brown Street buildings, Oriel Chambers, the 3 Graces and the Albert Dock were being proposed, or we'd still have a muddy creek surrounded by fields; although I suppose the 'Heritage' lobby who inevitably pipe up with their re-tarded vision of Liverpool as a Living Museum pickled in aspic would be happy.

Civic dynamism and pride built the heart of this City, not mealy-mouthed regressive timidity

Edited by JRC

Just be thankful the current planners weren't in place when St Georges Hall., the William Brown Street buildings, Oriel Chambers, the 3 Graces and the Albert Dock were being proposed, or we'd still have a muddy creek surrounded by fields; although I suppose the 'Heritage' lobby who inevitably pipe up with their ********* vision of Liverpool as a Living Museum pickled in aspic would be happy.

Civic dynamism and pride built the heart of this City, not mealy-mouthed regressive timidity

Just be thankful the current planners weren't in place when St Georges Hall., the William Brown Street buildings, Oriel Chambers, the 3 Graces and the Albert Dock were being proposed, or we'd still have a muddy creek surrounded by fields; although I suppose the 'Heritage' lobby who inevitably pipe up with their ********* vision of Liverpool as a Living Museum pickled in aspic would be happy.

Except for massive modern shopping centres?

you're nuts, you know.

craig said you were dancing.

Not at all, just (used to be) a follower of the Urban forums on Yo Liverpool and Skyscrapercity, and there seemed to be - and it is undoubtedly a one-sided view - a pre-crash raft of exciting proposals that were blocked, limited or delayed - like the previous tower in the southern docks which was blocked because it restricted views of the Pier Head from Birkenhead or something.

OK, the planners have a tough job as there is definitely a vocal 'change/new is bad' lobby who always seem to get their voices heard, (apart from statutory EH input and World Heritage limitations) and express their disgust at anything not a 19th Century replica within a half a mile of the Liver Building - and tbf they have approved things like L1, Beetham, Lime Street, behind Central station etc to proceed in some form despite the naysayers, although even there it feels like they are unnecessarily compromised and watered down in both scale and ambition, and poorer for that - eg the new Museum and Obelisks vs the Cloud. Imo.

(Lots of anecdotal stuff from developers & architects etc about how poor the process is compared to other, more dynamic cities such as Manchester, but that could be just sour grapes - I'm not in the industry, as I said)

Not at all, just (used to be) a follower of the Urban forums on Yo Liverpool and Skyscrapercity, and there seemed to be - and it is undoubtedly a one-sided view - a pre-crash raft of exciting proposals that were blocked, limited or delayed - like the previous tower in the southern docks which was blocked because it restricted views of the Pier Head from Birkenhead or something.

OK, the planners have a tough job as there is definitely a vocal 'change/new is bad' lobby who always seem to get their voices heard, (apart from statutory EH input and World Heritage limitations) and express their disgust at anything not a 19th Century replica within a half a mile of the Liver Building - and tbf they have approved things like L1, Beetham, Lime Street, behind Central station etc to proceed in some form despite the naysayers, although even there it feels like they are unnecessarily compromised and watered down in both scale and ambition, and poorer for that - eg the new Museum and Obelisks vs the Cloud. Imo.

(Lots of anecdotal stuff from developers & architects etc about how poor the process is compared to other, more dynamic cities such as Manchester, but that could be just sour grapes - I'm not in the industry, as I said)

I deal with Liverpool 20/20 they're pretty poor.

Fair enough, neither am i. I left the area years ago and remember there were some limitations on the heights of developments meaning the skyline for developments was kept fairly low. When i go back now though there seems to be a fair few modern and high rise buildings that are being built or have been built.

mann island?

mann island?

To which there has been untold expressions of disgust from the aforementioned lobby, and which was ultimately chosen for not being the even more derided (and imo superior) Cloud etc.

Sadly, I recall one comment about that being that the other 08 contenders such as Newcastle-Gateshead would be laughing at us for considerng such a monstrosity; I was in Newcastle last week, and I didn't see anyone laughing at that fantastic Sage Centre on the Gateshead side of the Tyne.