By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

BMW X6

Leo No.8

We are getting a new car and the Mrs loves these new BMW X6s; went to look at one yesterday and they are really nice but seem really expensive to me compared to other cars you could get for £50k+. I'm test driving one next week - anyone else driven or got one at all? If so would you recommend (or something similar)?

Edited by Leo No.8

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting a new car and the Mrs loves these new BMW X6s; went to look at one yesterday and they are really nice but seem really expensive to me compared to other cars you could get for £50k+. I'm test driving one next week - anyone else driven or got one at all? If so would you recommend (or something similar)?

I love the look of them. My mate had a company one for a few weeks and had gone from a Range Rover Sport to an X6... After a few weeks he wanted the Range Rover back as he said it pretty much does everything the X6 does but better. He did like the X6 though and if he hadn't driven a Range Rover before he would have been happy to stick with it.

Personally if I was buying a car for a significant amount I would go for an RS5, but that's a different beast altogether! ;)

If you're shopping at that end of the market, you should conside a second hand Cayenne turbo.

An X6 is not only ugly - and it really is ugly - but (as both Top Gear and Fifth Gear reviewed it) low on real quality and performance, crappy handling, is unlikely to get too far from a filling station and is an eco/economic nightmare.

If you have to go the bling route I'd go with Boohog's suggestion. Every fecker with ten bob and no taste has a BMW these days, ruining it for those who really like them.

I thought it was the look at me I can afford to spend £50k on a car thread

Ha - knew someone would say that. Nah we're getting one on a lease deal if we do get it. Thanks for the advice to those who've given it - not a popular motor on here is seems!

Edited by Leo No.8