By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Ryder Cup

New York Red

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish mate - the mrs is getting close to dropping, baby is engaged and I wouldn't be allowed to be drinking and out of range of her for too long!

Would love to go to a Ryder Cup as well. Watched the last few Welsh Opens at Celtic Manor - they should shorten the par 5 last hole a bit to make it more enticing, as it'd be a perfect last hole for a Ryder Cup then; everyone was laying up as it was too risky a second shot to go for it as it was.

Edited by Leo No.8

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the Wales Open for the last few years from this course - its been suspended for rain just about every time.

Got to question the selection of Celtic Manor bearing in mind how late in the season this takes place - chances were we were always going to end up in this situation! Its a great course for the Ryder Cup otherwise, but thats no good if its waterlogged!

Got to question the selection of Celtic Manor bearing in mind how late in the season this takes place -

they were awarded the event 9 years ago

the date of the tournament has been pushed back since then by changes to the US golfing calender

it's the weather - it can piss down at any time of the year

they were awarded the event 9 years ago

the date of the tournament has been pushed back since then by changes to the US golfing calender

it's the weather - it can piss down at any time of the year

I know its the weather and its p*ssing down everywhere at the moment, but I'm saying they should have picked a course with better drainage - the first is a lake.

Chances are many top courses they would still have been playing now. If it keeps coming down it'll be a total washout.

Edited by Leo No.8

Well guys, the local report is - it's pissing down - no sign of lightening up just yet -solid skies around 10 miles from the course.

Wet yet, NYR? :)

I know its the weather and its p*ssing down everywhere at the moment, but I'm saying they should have picked a course with better drainage - the first is a lake.

Chances are many top courses they would still have been playing now. If it keeps coming down it'll be a total washout.

:yes:

Edited by fyds

they picked it 9 years ago

and since then they've built 9 new holes and remodelled the rest

I guess we'll see over the coming hours/days how good the drainage system is

The drainage is actually very good.

Should never have been allowed to take place in October. October in Wales? do me a favour. I remember calling this as soon as they announced it would be in October. A complete feck up due to the Fedex Cup.

Now saying that there is a dealine on Monday by which they need to finish. If they dont, game over and they halve each match left out on the course and decide the winner that way.