By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Anfield to be used in Rugyby World Cup

baz2107

World Cup 2015

apologies if this has already been posted, but what do people make of this, I have 2 issues

1) The state of the pitch, when would the rugby world cup be held? If I remember rightly the last 2 in the Northern Hemisphere have been held in October and November, surely this will mess up the pitch

2) If they are talking about the current stadium are they ruling out us being in a new ground in 2015?

It could be the new anfield by then*

*yeah right, good one.

Part of me thinks it'll be great to go watch a few games, but the other part thinks it'll probably be something crap like Japan vs Fiji or Italy vs Scotland.

It can only be held at Anfield if it's during the summer, surely. In which case gives them plenty of time to put a new pitch down

I would be surprised if the current Anfield is big enough for an international rugby game. Don't they require a certain amount of metres behind each goal ?

that would be boss

they could dive in to the kop every time they go over for a try

They could play a couple of rugby matches during the regular football season no problem - the Madejski and Vicarage Road manage to hold up season after season. Of course their playing surfaces are not as high quality as ours but we're only talking about a few matches as a one-off.

Not an issue - if it becomes one at any point in the next 5 years, then let's discuss.