By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton Justice banner yesterday

Gravy

this may not be the right thread to say this in but the point, i'm afraid, stands: they'll still be singing "murderers" at their next home game.. fantastic as this gesture is i'm afraid, for me, this doesn't make up for everything so far as in i want them to now win the FA Cup.. or any game for that matter.. sorry..

this may not be the right thread to say this in but the point, i'm afraid, stands: they'll still be singing "murderers" at their next home game.. fantastic as this gesture is i'm afraid, for me, this doesn't make up for everything so far as in i want them to now win the FA Cup.. or any game for that matter.. sorry..

Wouldn't tar them all with the same brush - same goes with manc fans - every club including our has their numpties mate.

With the banners, some of their fans have extended an olive branch. We should accept it and wish them luck for the final. Evertonians are still scousers (except for the large Welsh contingent obviously) so can't see anything wrong about wanting the small club to win a competition we are no longer in. IMO it would be good to see a return to friendly rivalry between us and Everton.

For those amongst us who can't deal with the thought of Everton winning anything, Chelsea are going to be tough to beat, so there is every liklihood you will get your wish. If you wish them luck now and they go onto to lose with the bitterness still there next year, you can then seize the moral high ground. ;)

Great gesture - the blue half have been very supportive over Hillsborough over the years.

There's a small nasty minority who sing all the 'murderers' stuff but isn't there at every club? Never thought I'd say it but I hope they win the cup; Chelsea are such an odious lot both on and off the pitch.

My best man is an Evertonian, as are my four brother in laws and my father in law. On match day I f*cking hate them but for those of us with a brain we're friends, brothers and colleagues of Evertonians before and after the game.

I can't bring myself to muster up the hatred for Everton I feel towards United, not even close to the same because at the end of the day we're all scousers. The kind of hate and disdain that brings forth 'self pity city' and Boris Johnson type headlines from people in other parts of the country lead to many of the lies and misconceptions about Hillsborough.

It is the dislike of Liverpool as a city that much of it stems from; Dion Fanning wrote about Liverpool not really being part of England extremely eloquently, and he is absolutely right. If there has ever been a time for the blue and red halves to close ranks its over Hillsborough, and I have found the Evertonians I know to be extremely supportive and sympathetic.

There is a real bitterness about a proportion of match going Evertonians, but most of them are just like us regardless of our differences. Don't get me wrong I want to see them lose most weeks so I can f*cking laugh at them but I don't hate Everton, because doing so would be hating many of the best people in my life.

With the banners, some of their fans have extended an olive branch. We should accept it and wish them luck for the final. Evertonians are still scousers (except for the large Welsh contingent obviously) so can't see anything wrong about wanting the small club to win a competition we are no longer in. IMO it would be good to see a return to friendly rivalry between us and Everton.

For those amongst us who can't deal with the thought of Everton winning anything, Chelsea are going to be tough to beat, so there is every liklihood you will get your wish. If you wish them luck now and they go onto to lose with the bitterness still there next year, you can then seize the moral high ground. ;)

This is it.

Wouldn't tar them all with the same brush - same goes with manc fans - every club including our has their numpties mate.

oh aye.. totally agree.. and didn't mean to give the impression that i think they're ALL c****..

although............................. this (sadly?) is a salient point..

..but i think i'm going to stand by me not wanting them to win the cup, like.. ;)

Well I don't care - I'm behind Everton winning the cup :popcorn:

And to be honest, anyone that beats Liverpool, Villa, United and then Chelsea in the final deserves it to be honest. Unsurprisingly, Arsenal were the first PL team Chelsea had played.