By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New Zealand

Cunny

I'm off to NZ for a bit in June/July.

With it being the Kiwi winter, where would the best places to go be?

I'm not into Wintersports, just looking for places with a bit of life and stuff to do and see.

I know Queenstown has a festival around that time of the year.

Bay Of Islands /Northlands, the weather can still be pretty good up there that time of year and it is a beautiful part of the world. Queenstown has loads going on all year round especially if 'adrenalin' sports are what you fancy doing. Milford Sound and the Fjordlands are also worth a visit.

There is always stuff to do in NZ so wouldn't worry about the weather too much but do expect a bit of rain at that time of year.

Bay Of Islands /Northlands, the weather can still be pretty good up there that time of year and it is a beautiful part of the world. Queenstown has loads going on all year round especially if 'adrenalin' sports are what you fancy doing. Milford Sound and the Fjordlands are also worth a visit.

There is always stuff to do in NZ so wouldn't worry about the weather too much but do expect a bit of rain at that time of year.

Agree with all of that. Its a spectacular country

Im going to Oz for a year next year so am defo checking NZ out at some point.

Its amazing. I spent 7 weeks there and that was just about enough time to do the south and north islands.

The south is much better imo.

Its amazing. I spent 7 weeks there and that was just about enough time to do the south and north islands.

The south is much better imo.

Cheers mate, I hadnt even thought of going at one point (I am a bit thick) then realised it'd be ridiculous to go all that way for so long and not see NZ. Defo gonna check it out.

Are you doing a round the world trip or are you just thinking of going to OZ and New Zealand?

I havent booked a flight yet so im gonna see how my saving goes, if I get an extra grand or two I'll spend a few months in Thailand, Vietnam and co, if not i'll just go straight on to Oz. I've got work in Melbourne with my bosses brother aswell which is handy.

I havent booked a flight yet so im gonna see how my saving goes, if I get an extra grand or two I'll spend a few months in Thailand, Vietnam and co, if not i'll just go straight on to Oz. I've got work in Melbourne with my bosses brother aswell which is handy.

You may find its cheaper to do a round the world ticket, than a return flight. The tickets are generally open ended.

I flew to Singapore, Oz, NZ onto Fiji and then USA, but you can usually tailor it to your needs. I booked mine via Trailfinders for £800. Bargain.

You may find its cheaper to do a round the world ticket, than a return flight. The tickets are generally open ended.

I flew to Singapore, Oz, NZ onto Fiji and then USA, but you can usually tailor it to your needs. I booked mine via Trailfinders for £800. Bargain.

f***ing hell that is a bargain! I'll have a look into that, cheers mate.

f***ing hell that is a bargain! I'll have a look into that, cheers mate.

No problem. Its worth doing as you can put as many stops in as you want. Obviously the more stops you put it in, the more it costs, but it's only a few quid extra. If you go to Trailfinders and tell them where you want to go, they discuss it with you and you can work it all out with them. Can't recommend them enough.

No problem. Its worth doing as you can put as many stops in as you want. Obviously the more stops you put it in, the more it costs, but it's only a few quid extra. If you go to Trailfinders and tell them where you want to go, they discuss it with you and you can work it all out with them. Can't recommend them enough.

I'll definitely be looking into that, im tempted to delay it for a few more months so I can save some more and and end up seeing more countries, I badly want to go to the States but obviously thats one of the more expensive places, then again it shouldnt be to hard to get a bit of work there if needs be. This was just gonna be a year in Aus and see what happens as I can get work there easy but it's gonna end up a trip round the world, still, you only live once and all that!

Spot on.

We flew London-Rio, travelled overland at our own expense to Santiago, Santiago-Auckland-Sydney for 750 quid.

If you're going to stop in NZ definitely book it with your original flights, no such thing as bargain airlines over here.

We flew London-Rio, travelled overland at our own expense to Santiago, Santiago-Auckland-Sydney for 750 quid.

I flew London-Singapore - Adelaide - Overland to Sydney - Christchurch - Overland to Auckland - Fiji - LA (Travelled to San Diego, Vegas, San Fran and back to LA) before a very recluctant journey back to London. About £800 and we changed our flights about half a dozen times.

Happy days.

I flew London-Singapore - Adelaide - Overland to Sydney - Christchurch - Overland to Auckland - Fiji - LA (Travelled to San Diego, Vegas, San Fran and back to LA) before a very recluctant journey back to London. About £800 and we changed our flights about half a dozen times.

Happy days.

What did you think of LA? A lot of the reviews dont seem to kind, snotty people, it's s**** if you arent loaded, a pain to get around etc, might just be typical stereotypes ive no idea. San Fran and San Diego seem to get very positive reviews though.

And cheers Paul, that looks another good deal aswell. Im definitely up for that now.

Edited by CarraLegend

Didnt like LA, but I had just arrived from Fiji, so wasnt really up for a big city. Its massive and unless you have a car, its a pain to get around. I was lucky as I knew a few friends who were out there, which made it more interesting. We went to the decent clubs, which are not in tourist areas.

San Diego was great - if you go make sure you go to Tijuana - its only across the border but very funny

San Fran is great too.

If you get a chance its worth going to Vegas too. We spent a few days there and visited Death Valley and the Grand Canyon.

Didnt like LA, but I had just arrived from Fiji, so wasnt really up for a big city. Its massive and unless you have a car, its a pain to get around. I was lucky as I knew a few friends who were out there, which made it more interesting. We went to the decent clubs, which are not in tourist areas.

San Diego was great - if you go make sure you go to Tijuana - its only across the border but very funny

San Fran is great too.

If you get a chance its worth going to Vegas too. We spent a few days there and visited Death Valley and the Grand Canyon.

Cheers mate, thats class. I could imagine getting pissed and blowing my whole funds in Vegas, I do like a gamble! But yeah I would love to go there, especially as im boxing mad.

Cheers mate, thats class. I could imagine getting pissed and blowing my whole funds in Vegas, I do like a gamble! But yeah I would love to go there, especially as im boxing mad.

Defo go to Vegas and San Francisco, mate.

Vegas is ridiculous but it's great! A weekend would do it though.

San Francisco is just such a cool town. Great vibe about it.

Heard good things about San Diego too, but never been

Our flights were a specific package BA were doing at the time, OneWorld Explorer or something.

You got 5 stops anywhere that BA or their partners flew to, and there was a mileage restriction on the initial flight. If you've still got a stop left when you get to Oz you can do an internal flight, but be sure to arrange it before you arrive - once you arrive at the final stop, the journey is considered over. We didn't realise this.