By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Good Podcast sites?

Crazy Horse

Finally got an ipod adapter for my car, which means I can now listen to something decent instead of right-wing talk radio. I've been downloading podcasts from the BBC, Times and Guardian so far, and enjoying them. Anyone know of any other good sites for podcasts? I mostly listen to UK/N. Ireland politics and sports, anything good out there beyond the sites I've mentioned?

Good subject.

Someone on here recently pointed me to the Mayo/Kermode film review podcast, which is excellent. It's also the only podcast i listen to at the moment. There's probably a few other decent podcast out there, if anyone has any recommendations i'd love to hear them.

Finally got an ipod adapter for my car, which means I can now listen to something decent instead of right-wing talk radio. I've been downloading podcasts from the BBC, Times and Guardian so far, and enjoying them. Anyone know of any other good sites for podcasts? I mostly listen to UK/N. Ireland politics and sports, anything good out there beyond the sites I've mentioned?

Try Speechification. It takes stuff from the BBC and other stations that are not podcasted and rebroadcasts them. The material is really well selected and seems to be drawn from the last 20 years of the archives. Its a little bit like listening to the tape collection of a nice but strange uncle.

I'd also recommend, if you're not already listening to them,

- the BBC's arts and ideas podcast

- the BBC world service documentaries podcast

- This American Life

- WMFU's Downtown Soulville - it helps if you are a soul fan obviously...

Fighting Talk (R5), Friday Night Comedy (R4), Heroes (BBC7), Mayo/Kermode (R5), Media Talk (Guardian), The Game (Times) and the Euro Daily (Guardian) are all excellent

Also enjoy the Mike Davies punk show from R1

Fighting Talk (R5), Friday Night Comedy (R4), Heroes (BBC7), Mayo/Kermode (R5), Media Talk (Guardian), The Game (Times) and the Euro Daily (Guardian) are all excellent

Also enjoy the Mike Davies punk show from R1

I downloaded heroes for ths first time yesterday, could only listen to 5 minutes from it, It doesn't help that they are talking about chapter 8 just now!

I downloaded heroes for ths first time yesterday, could only listen to 5 minutes from it, It doesn't help that they are talking about chapter 8 just now!

I'm enjoying the podcast far more than the series right now

How many of you listen to the world football phone-in podcast from five live? Its like wandering in on some private world of insomniacs, alcoholics and the terminally strange who meet up once a week to talk about football, their lives and anything else that crosses their minds. Its absolutely brilliant ...well except Sean Wheelock, an American journo, who cannot let a single show go without mentioned David Beckham.

How many of you listen to the world football phone-in podcast from five live? Its like wandering in on some private world of insomniacs, alcoholics and the terminally strange who meet up once a week to talk about football, their lives and anything else that crosses their minds. Its absolutely brilliant ...well except Sean Wheelock, an American journo, who cannot let a single show go without mentioned David Beckham.

Sounds terrible - will investigate

I have the Kermode on, the very wonderful Times football show The Game with Marcotti and Ballague, the Guardian book club and footy show, the BBC World Book club and a podrunner one by Robert Uttley. Oh and some other fixed beat cycling tracks.

the very wonderful Times football show The Game with Marcotti and Ballague

Do you really think so? I thought it declined so much when they got rid of Danny Kelly. Quite what the purpose of Bill Edgar on any level is I dont know.

i've downloaded that a few times, it's really strange. the people who email in to it remind me of kaizer somewhat.