By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Virgin Media Turn Grass

muleskinner

I can't believe that anybody still uses Virgin for their broadband.

Anyway, this venture will fail.

Do Virgin have the legal right to change the terms and conditions of your contract?

Edited by Pipnasty

Do Virgin have the legal right to change the terms and conditions of your contract?

Not without your signed consent I would think. The article in The Register suggests it is an ultimately toothless operation as they won't be disconnecting people nor will any civil action be taken. Tiscali did something similar for a while and then stopped as the BPI wouldn't foot the bill for the work.

Not without your signed consent I would think. The article in The Register suggests it is an ultimately toothless operation as they won't be disconnecting people nor will any civil action be taken. Tiscali did something similar for a while and then stopped as the BPI wouldn't foot the bill for the work.

Data Protection Act 1998 anybody?

21 people warned 4 disconnected, then they stoped.

I still use Virgin and I have had no problems with them

although I have noticed that when I am downloading a large bittorrent overnight the internet connection seem to be cut off after a period of time, not sure if this is virgin doing something

a simple reboot seems to bring it up again

Think its covered under existing T&C's by the fact they are saying the downloads are illegal and the standard ISP T&C's mention the ability to disconnect if you are carrying out activities which can be deemed illegal or something like that.