By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Moral Dilemma

pipnasty

As a few of you might know, I need an operation on my knee. I hurt it last September and missed a few weeks of work. It hasn't been right since and I have missed a couple more weeks off work since then. I am currently contemplating more time off work as it went on me again yesterday and I am currently unable to walk and in quite a bit of pain.

Anyway, I received a letter from the doctor yesterday and have finally been given a date for the operation which is the 26th June. But, there is one major problem. It is a few days before my partners parents 40th wedding anniversary which is rapidly turning into a huge event. It is going to take place on the South Coast which means a long, long train journey for us both. So, at present, I am now unable to go to it.

You can probably guess the rest. My girlfriend and her family want me to go to the anniversary and therefore want me to cancel the operation. I've waited about 3 months for a date and you can guarantee that it will be at least 2-3 months before I can get another date.

This is going to end in tears :unsure:

What do I do?