By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

General concensus on the i Phone

sean

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raisbeck

Wicked device but I still think its a bit over priced.

I bought an ipod touch instead and got a Nokia N95 on contract free.

When my N95 contract runs out the 3G version will be out so that will probably tempt me.

At the moment the brilliant browser on the w***y EDGE connection really doesnt interest me,

Guest Prongsy
When I played with one I found it tacky and fairly crap.

Probably appeals to people that already like the guff Mac.

Straight from the mouth of an XP user, no doubt.

The iPhone was a breakthrough product but it's just the start of what the iphone can and will become. The new one that will be out next week will be increadible

Guest Raisbeck
When I played with one I found it tacky and fairly crap.

Probably appeals to people that already like the guff Mac.

Bulls*** you did.

Whether you use Apple stuff or not, nobody without a serious agenda could not be impressed with the iphone/itouch. Its a fantastic device.

Guest Prongsy
Bulls*** you did.

Whether you use Apple stuff or not, nobody without a serious agenda could not be impressed with the iphone/itouch. Its a fantastic device.

I agree, whether it's right or wrong for your usages is another matter but it certainly doesn't come under the 'tacky' or 'crap' description.

Bulls*** you did.

As anyone that knows me will tell you - I'm Mr. Gadget Man - I get all the latest stuff all the time and have been impressed by a whole raft of stuff over the years.

I felt the iPhone was just another gimmicky crap Apple product trying to be trendy - but just succeeded in leaving me cold.

I've also used the iPod and found it entirely crap compared to quality MP3/Atrac products.

Rather than an iPhone, I've recently bought an iPod Touch.

i really like it except

1) it's from Apple

2) it doesn't seem to be possible to switch off the predictive text feature - is it the same on the iPhone?

Having Apple change @t-mobile.de to @t-Mobile.de causes failure to log on :rant:

The iPhone was a breakthrough product but it's just the start of what the iphone can and will become. The new one that will be out next week will be increadible

What will the enhacements be? (Serious question: we are actually considering a bulk order for these)

Guest Prongsy
What will the enhacements be? (Serious question: we are actually considering a bulk order for these)

I don't know, only those inside apple know for sure. However, the 2.0 software seems a certainty with the application store available. These things are going to go crazy over the next few years, the possibilities are nearly endless.

Did you ever watch the iphone roadmap keynote? If you've not seen it, it's worth watching to see what developers can do with this thing in just a couple of weeks.

RE: Enhancements - my guess is 3g, bigger HD, better battery life, maybe cheaper.

Guest Prongsy
Is it a good phone and is it a decent email device?

Yeah, it's brilliant. Good for messenger, too.

Guest Prongsy
Atrac - the file system that never starts giving

he uses horrific quality for his music. Andy and quality products go together like cheddar and custard.

RE: Enhancements - my guess is 3g, bigger HD, better battery life, maybe cheaper.

:lol:

Buy the new iPhone! It's at least as good as every other phone released in the last year.

And since when is being cheaper an enhancement!?

FFS. I have nothing against the iPhone - it's a decent bit of kit, but the ridiculous infatuation some people have with it makes me ill.