By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Hatton fight

Mike

If I was a cynic I would think that Hatton has put it on PPV to get back the extra money he could have had for fighting (a bit of a journeyman whilst he tries to talk up a rematch with Floyd Mayweather) at 2.00am to please his Yank paymasters.

If I was a cynic I would think that Hatton has put it on PPV to get back the extra money he could have had for fighting (a bit of a journeyman whilst he tries to talk up a rematch with Floyd Mayweather) at 2.00am to please his Yank paymasters.

I think it would have been PPV either way

And i'm not sure its his decision. Does he promote his own fights?

I think it would have been PPV either way

And i'm not sure its his decision. Does he promote his own fights?

He opted out of his deal with HBO/Golden Boy in the US for this fight to 'give something back to his fans in the UK' by fighting at a reasonable time.

He opted out of his deal with HBO/Golden Boy in the US for this fight to 'give something back to his fans in the UK' by fighting at a reasonable time.

Kind of him to be so generous to his fans

hope he loses

hope he loses

I like Hatton and hope he does well, but I just think £15 PPV for what is essentially a warm up fight is a piss take. Holding the fight at a decent time for British TV is a good thing to do, its the dressing it up as him taking a pay cut out of the goodness of his heart that grates.

He got Hamed-ed. Not a top-tier fighter, sadly.

Rubbish, he hasn't ducked anyone in his career, he took a step up in weight that was probably ill-advised to fight one of the best fighters their has ever been and lost, there was no shame in that.

The Ring magazine named him fighter of the year in 2005, he wouldn't have got that accolade without being a class act.

What about Witter? He also managed to swerve Cotto at 140.

It's alright Paulie Malignaggi will beat him at Madison Square Garden in the autumn anyway.

He didn't duck Witter, he didn't need to fight him, he is better than him. Witter proved that last month. As for Cotto, not all the fights get made for lots of reasons, that was probably one of them, neither side thinking the other was a big enough draw could well have been the case. Hatton did have a lot of management trouble with Frank Warren that put paid to a few fight also.

Guest Scot
Rubbish, he hasn't ducked anyone in his career, he took a step up in weight that was probably ill-advised to fight one of the best fighters their has ever been and lost, there was no shame in that.

The Ring magazine named him fighter of the year in 2005, he wouldn't have got that accolade without being a class act.

Wouldn't suggest he ducked anyone, I like Hatton a lot - one of my favourites of recent years. I do though think that he got to look a little better than he is. Mayweather is a top-class fighter, so maybe I'm being a shade harsh, but Hatton didn't just lose he got schooled.

If I were him I would not seek a re-match and would not go fighting anyone in that class any longer.

hope he loses

Why? Can't see anything to dislike about Hatton.

And for me he is a top class boxer - tons of heart, a great body puncher with an incredible work rate.

He stepped up out of his weight division and lost to a fighter likely to go down as one of the greats, which doesn't make him suddenly no good. He's still probably the best at his natural weight.

What losing means is Hatton is not an all time great himself, but he's still a good fighter worthy of having held world titles.

George Foreman was a top fighter even if he lost to Ali; there are countless other brilliant fighters who have been beaten by the very best down the years and Mayweather is the pound for pound fighter of his generation.

Ricky Hatton was eventually outclassed by a future 'hall of fame' star, no shame in that.

Edited by Leo No.8

I think Maliganggi will prove that Hatton doesn't belong in the elite class.

Whats feather fists done to show he's anything good? He's got a decent jab and he's quick, thats about it.

His reputation is built on getting his face smashed to pieces by a massively drained Miguel Cotto.

He was even completely outboxed in his last fight by Ngoudjo but got the gift decision. Surprise, surprise.

He was better than Ngoudjo and deserved the win but I don't think Malignaggi is all that good. I just think Hatton is suspectible to speed and a decent jab and as long as he keeps the fight on the outside he can easily outbox Hatton.

The Mayweather scorecards showed what the American judges thought of Hatton's tactics. Hatton's a decent fighter, but not a better world champion than the likes of Witter, Torres or Malignaggi.

He was better than Ngoudjo and deserved the win but I don't think Malignaggi is all that good. I just think Hatton is suspectible to speed and a decent jab and as long as he keeps the fight on the outside he can easily outbox Hatton.

The Mayweather scorecards showed what the American judges thought of Hatton's tactics. Hatton's a decent fighter, but not a better world champion than the likes of Witter, Torres or Malignaggi.

Ricardo f***ing Torres? What's he done? You're scraping the barrel now, who's he beat? Kendall Holt and got knocked out by Cotto.

You're coming across like it's a grudge against Hatton because some of the s***e you've written is staggering. Sorry but whatever you think of Tszyu and Castillo being finished theres no one in that class on Torres or Malignaggi's record.

'Nando would kill Hatton.

American judges have liked his tactics on a few other occasions though haven't they?

Ricardo f***ing Torres? What's he done? You're scraping the barrel now, who's he beat? Kendall Holt and got knocked out by Cotto.

You're coming across like it's a grudge against Hatton because some of the s***e you've written is staggering. Sorry but whatever you think of Tszyu and Castillo being finished theres no one in that class on Torres or Malignaggi's record.

No I just don't understand why Hatton is made out to be a top 20 pound for pound fighter. He beat Tszyu at the end of his career, who had only fought 4 times in 3 and a half years. It was easily his best win but even still it wasn't a prime Tszyu. Castillo fought Hatton after a split decision win aganist Ngoudjo, who was then beaten by much wider scores by Malignaggi.

Castillo is a wasted fighter. He was over the hill after the first Corrales fight and because of his weight problems. He failed to make weight again against Bradley, who would have probably won anyway.

Granted he is probably better than Torres, but I don't think he is that much better.

You mean Witter who got beat by someone with one overhand right in his armoury?

He may have lost to Bradley, but how many of us knew much about him? He hadn't fought outside Caifornia before the Witter fight. Witter has beaten N'dou who's decent, Kotelnik who is now WBA champion, Harris and Corley aren't too bad either. I think Witter's CV is just as good as Hatton's.

American judges have liked his tactics on a few other occasions though haven't they?

He scraped through the Collazo fight because of the 1st round knockdown.