By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

"Angel of the South"

Gerry

Is it me or do all these proposals lack sensitivity in their scale. It seems as if the artists have created these installations in miniature not realising that during the scaling process the factors of light/shadow/space and presence are all multiplied and in this case, with negative results. Where is the elegance and unobtrusive simplicity of say a Santiago Calatrava structure?

Not even Andy in his Boston days could come up with something approaching that.

I quite like this one:

ebbsfleet_Daniel_Buren2.jpg

Looks like something you might find belonging to some middle eastern potentate's self-agrandizing capital or maybe a former communist dictator trying to show how modern his bit of central Asia is. Horrible.

Deacon's looks like a damaged Tatlin and le Brun's shows his usual lack of sensitivity to the environment it's to be placed in.

Very weak list.

Edited by fyds

Like the blurb about the horse:

"Mark Wallinger plans to build a white horse using boat building technology. The horse, 33 times life size, would be a faithful representation of a thoroughbred racehorse in all but its scale."

REALLY?!

Looks like something you might find belonging to some middle eastern potentate's self-agrandizing capital or maybe a former communist dictator trying to show how modern his bit of central Asia is. Horrible.

I'll admit it's hardly Bernini but I think lit up at night it'll look pretty good. Far better choice than the other contenders.