By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Richard Keys

Cunny

Guest RedLegend

I love how all the English teams get unqualified backing and cheerleading from Sky.

Apart from us that is.

Guest GrandpaSimpson
I love how all the English teams get unqualified backing and cheerleading from Sky.

Apart from us that is.

:rolleyes:

Ref had a decent game just after their penalty shout Torres was brought down exactly same way no pen. 1-1 there as well. I thought the comment from Keays was tongue in cheek and lmao, said to the daughter and husband after the pen shout that maybe they were neighbours in Holland.

Got in after the game to see Wenger being interviewed on Sky, and the reporter opens with ' Arsene, you must be wondering how you didn't win that game ..'.

Now I had had a few to drink before the match, but the game I saw was one of them huffing and puffing and us containing, in a classic euro away stylee. Arsenal got what they deserved.

Andy Gray has a lot to answer for here, seriously. Richard Keyes picks it up from him afterwards.

Gray starts it all in motion by stating again and again it was a stonewall penalty when it bloody wasn't by any means no matter who it was for. You could say it was a 50/50 call, fair enough; at the end of the day the ref had to judge exactly how much contact there was. It could have been a penalty but then again it might not.

It's not a penalty as soon as Kuyt touches him as Gray is making out, or we'd have twenty penalties in every game and one from every corner. The referee has to adjudge whether Kuyt has actually pulled him down, when in actual fact Hleb had more than a small part to play in his going to ground himself if you watch the most suitably angled replay.

Why is it no-one in the press seems to have commented on the fact that, when shown from that touchline camera in super slow motion, Kuyt's pull is far briefer than it first looked and Hleb hurls himself to the ground after feeling the contact, rather than actually being tugged down by Kuyt. He starts going down when Kuyt has let go.

It's a 50/50 decision but honestly I think the ref got it right, Hleb was very clever in the way he made the most of the contact and I don't think the pull was really enough to bring him down. He was waiting for the contact when Kuyt came close, and very much made the most of it.

I actually quite like him generally as a commentator, but Gray is simply far too biased to do our games. You can't deny him his allegiances, but he's totally incapable of hiding them to deliver an unbiased commentary. He's like a fan cheering the other team in the way we would when we watch United; you don't want to sit there listening to a fan of the other team every time you watch a f*cking game.

It's not a penalty as soon as Kuyt touches him as Gray is making out, or we'd have twenty penalties in every game and one from every corner. The referee has to adjudge whether Kuyt has actually pulled him down, when in actual fact Hleb had more than a small part to play in his going to ground himself if you watch the most suitably angled replay.

Why is it no-one in the press seems to have commented on the fact that, when shown from that touchline camera in super slow motion, Kuyt's pull is far briefer than it first looked and Hleb hurls himself to the ground after feeling the contact, rather than actually being tugged down by Kuyt. He starts going down when Kuyt has let go.

this is all incidental, really.

The only question that matters is 'Did Kuyt foul Hleb?' and the answer is far from clear - as you say, it could reasonably be judged 50/50.

All the Gray-like crap about players' intentions being relevant and the implicit assumption they sometimes make taht football is a non-contact support is just that...crap.

It's one of the means by which they express their anti Liverpool agenda.

this is all incidental, really.

The only question that matters is 'Did Kuyt foul Hleb?' and the answer is far from clear - as you say, it could reasonably be judged 50/50.

All the Gray-like crap about players' intentions being relevant and the implicit assumption they sometimes make taht football is a non-contact support is just that...crap.

It's one of the means by which they express their anti Liverpool agenda.

The most ironic thing was Gray was pontificating about it still when Gallas or Toure did pretty much the same thing to Torres at the other end (if anything with more contact), but he agreed with that one.

The referee was consistent with his decision making all game; he tried to let it flow, kept his cards in his pocket and allowed a certain amount of physical contact.

I thought he was very good. His judgement on the penalty was consistent with all his other decisions.