By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Top Earning Players

richwilks

That was an estimated list, they're way off the mark on some of them. Rafa said Torres took a pay cut to come here.

Not having that this time any more than I'd believe it any other time.

Players don't take wage cuts unless they're heading down a division and not always then.

Not having that this time any more than I'd believe it any other time.

Players don't take wage cuts unless they're heading down a division and not always then.

his weekly wage may have gone down alright but he will be making it up in a huge mother of a signing on fee or a bigger % of image rights. Rafas no liar... :cool:

I always think it sounds weird when players salerys are quoted as weekly figures, like they're blue collar workers, queueing up to get paid in little brown pay packets. Whereas white collar salerys are normally quoted as yearly figures.

I think footballers should get paid with those massive, novelty cheques they give to lottery winners.

Cannot believe Bent is on £95k, why would Spurs need to pay a non-international that much?

And Campbell on £105k doesn't seem right at all.

Campbell was on a bosman and could command that fee as there was no transfer fee involved for Portsmouth

Torres on more money than Gerrard? Im sure Gerrard will have that amended sooner rather than later.

Beckham on 70? - can't be right eh?

Edited by bazz

I really don't see why the players shouldn't be earning this much. Ok, it's obscene, but football makes a lot of money and it has to go to either the clubs, players, agents, or administrators. I don't see why the players don't deserve their cut.

Also, there's no way Owen took a pay cut all things (taxes, sign-ons, free dinners in Madrid?) considered.

Figaro claimed that Owen took a "pay cut" from the terms he originally agreed with Real. (as they had to unexpectedly pay a transfer fee). Says that was his wage drop, he wasnt on less than he was with us. How true that is i dont know.

Spurs friend of mine has been arguing with me all season that Darren Bent is on £115k a week!! I laughed at him but maybe he is on ridiculous wages (as listed above)

I really don't see why the players shouldn't be earning this much. Ok, it's obscene, but football makes a lot of money and it has to go to either the clubs, players, agents, or administrators. I don't see why the players don't deserve their cut.

Also, there's no way Owen took a pay cut all things (taxes, sign-ons, free dinners in Madrid?) considered.

Marxism - soccer style.

it is crazy money tho isn't it? I would rather it stayed in the club and players took home £200 a week and lived on an estate, I mean all they are doing is running after a ball!! :-)

it is crazy money tho isn't it? I would rather it stayed in the club and players took home £200 a week and lived on an estate, I mean all they are doing is running after a ball!! :-)

....and having to train every day

....and having to eat what they are told to eat

....and having to do what they are told to do

....and have to stay fit

....and have to take holidays when they are told to take holidays

....and have to take endless personal abuse when they play

....and so on and so on

It's not really like the old days when you could play and then go a bender.

But yes. It is insane money. a £50,000 salary cap would be good but having said that it would just get built up with goal bonus's etc.

Edited by richwilks

....and having to train every day

....and having to eat what they are told to eat

....and having to do what they are told to do

....and have to stay fit

....and have to take holidays when they are told to take holidays

....and have to take endless personal abuse when they play

....and so on and so on

It's not really like the old days when you could play and then go a bender.

But yes. It is insane money. a £50,000 salary cap would be good but having said that it would just get built up with goal bonus's etc.

Kuyt would starve