By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gareth Bale...

alias75

Is it a realistic possibility that he could end up here?

I know the guy that spotted him at Southampton is now here, so thats obviously in our favour. No disprespect to riise who i still think is an excellent part of the squad but i think Bale will turn out to be a real top player and left back is a position i think we could improve upon.

ive seen him in the flesh a few times for Wales and he reminds me a lot of Agger in that he never looks fazed, against Brazil in only his second game for Wales he was excellent and hes still only 17.

Really hope we go for this guy think hes going to turn out to be a very special player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-IIZU9dkw&NR

Edited by alias75

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a realistic possibility that he could end up here?

I know the guy that spotted him at Southampton is now here, so thats obviously in our favour. No disprespect to riise who i still think is an excellent part of the squad but i think Bale will turn out to be a real top player and left back is a position i think we could improve upon.

ive seen him in the flesh a few times for Wales and he reminds me a lot of Agger in that he never looks fazed, against Brazil in only his second game for Wales he was excellent and hes still only 17.

Really hope we go for this guy think hes going to turn out to be a very special player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-IIZU9dkw&NR

If we could afford it :) Bale and Micah Richards are English youngsters who are gonna MAKE IT (more than can be said of our kids :( ). The longer they are left, the more they are gonna cost

If we could afford it :) Bale and Micah Richards are English youngsters who are gonna MAKE IT (more than can be said of our kids :( ). The longer they are left, the more they are gonna cost

Agree, (Bale is Welsh by the way :) ) sometimes in football there are youngsters that are as sure a sure thing as there can be and i think both Bale and Richards fall into that category, Rooney was similar when Man Utd bought him, its a lot of money for a young player but as you say the longer you wait the more they cost.

Im sure Malcom Elias has told Rafa about Bale, hopefully having him here will give us an edge. Also left back is genuinly a position where realistically someone like Bale could breakthrough sooner rather than later, at Utd they have Evre and Heinze and Chelsea have spent big on Cole and just given Bridges a new contract so if we want him we coud hold a few aces.

Im sure Malcom Elias has told Rafa about Bale, hopefully having him here will give us an edge. Also left back is genuinly a position where realistically someone like Bale could breakthrough sooner rather than later, at Utd they have Evre and Heinze and Chelsea have spent big on Cole and just given Bridges a new contract so if we want him we coud hold a few aces.

Good points, hope you are right. Hope to see Bale on the Championship in a few minutes.

I would imagine Arsenal would be the biggest challenge to anyone wanting Bale

Haven't they got Clichy and Gallas who could play there with Hoyte, Djourou and Senderos looking to make up the rest of the defence alongside Toure and Eboue?

Of all those players only one is a left back though. Wenger loves signing youngsters as we all know and I would be very surprised if they aren't involved

Chelsea dont need Bale but I think they'll try for Richards.

If we could afford it :)Bale and Micah Richards are English youngsters who are gonna MAKE IT (more than can be said of our kids :( ). The longer they are left, the more they are gonna cost

:rant:

Bale is a very good young player, Leighton Baines is even better.

Haven't seen much of Bale. Baines from what I have seen certianly has what it takes to be at a big club. Saw him total control Walcott the other night and other than the 'knock it past the defender and hope I'm quicker' tactic Walcott had nothing to trouble Baines. He looks to be composed on the ball, solid defensively and has a great shot on him and his goals have been top draw.

I'm a big fan of Riise, however I would like to see a younger player come in and really gie him some top competition. Aurelio from what we have seen of him look more comfortable in midfield and weak defensively. Warnock can be good, but can be poor and I can't see him being a regular at Liverpool. Insua might be the man to give Riise some much needed competition, lets hope he settles into the league.

Of all those players only one is a left back though. Wenger loves signing youngsters as we all know and I would be very surprised if they aren't involved

Chelsea dont need Bale but I think they'll try for Richards.

I think Wenger will give Clichy the chance to cement that leftback spot although I'm sure Hoyte and Flamini would have something to say about that. With Senderos back and Toure a cert, I won't be surprised to see Gallas given more playing time at leftback. Either way leftback is not a spot they'd need to stock up on and hopefully it makes us a more attractive proposition for Bales.

Of course, we'd have to step aside once Newcastle gets in the fray. :(:D

:rant:

Bale is a very good young player, Leighton Baines is even better.

Bale brought up in the English game. English/Welsh who cares? Just watched him score another bumper. 17 and already a regular at club and international level (allbeit at Saints and Wales). A special player in the making? IMHO, Baines isn't anything special

I think Wenger will give Clichy the chance to cement that leftback

I'm a big fan of Cliche. Everytime I watched the French under 21 team he always stood out, along with Mr Ribery. But I guess the Internation game isn't a good place to judge talent. Le Tallec looked a totally different player for that under 21 team, than he did for us and scoring regularly. Given alot of people didn't want Kuyt after the World Cup, Diouf looking good for Senegal, Ronaldinho having a poor WC... I think it is better to judge players at their clubs where they can be assed over more games.

Bale brought up in the English game. English/Welsh who cares? Just watched him score another bumper. 17 and already a regular at club and international level (allbeit at Saints and Wales). A special player in the making? IMHO, Baines isn't anything special

ignorant comment there tbh. But hey, to be expected.

He's good at free kicks, but what's he like defensively?

Ive seen him a couple of times in the flesh for Wales and hes very composed quite similar to Agger in that he seems very natural in the way he plays and nothing flusters him.

Against Brazil he was up against Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka and he coped very well in only his 2nd international.

Like Richards its already clear at this very young age that hes going to be a very good player, its not a situation where your guessing how hes going to progress even though hes only 17 hes already shown at international level he can cope. Sometimes you just know a young player has what it takes, Owen and Gerrard for us it was obvious after watching them for only a brief time, the same with Rooney and now i think richards and Bale fall into that category.

Not seen much of Bale, but have seen a lot of Baines, and I really like him. Stands out most games for Wigan, and John Arne Roberto Carlos Riise is looking more shaky with every game this season.

Probably with you and Benitez, Baines is a really good player, Finnan-like maybe, and that would do for me.