By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The West Wing

Earl Hafler

Just watched a few episodes of the first series. It was brilliant back then...the chemistry and timing between the characters was what producers dream of.

Sheen's speech in the church after his secretary has killed in a car accident is some of the best tv i've ever seen. Not sure what the last few words in Latin mean ( if anyone knows, please tell ) but it's powerful stuff.

Now that John Spencer has sadly passed away, anyone have any ideas on how they're going to finish it ? They had made 4 or 5 unseen episodes before his death and with only a few more remaining of what is probably the final series they've got a job on their hands. However, watching the newest episode i'm wondering if they haven't reshot a couple of episodes as the actors look slightly different, haggered and there's a couple of interesting plot developments.

oh bugger :oops:

Could somebody move this to the relevant forum ? ta.

Edited by Big Stuff

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched a few episodes of the first series. It was brilliant back then...the chemistry and timing between the characters was what producers dream of.

Sheen's speech in the church after his secretary has killed in a car accident is some of the best tv i've ever seen. Not sure what the last few words in Latin mean ( if anyone knows, please tell ) but it's powerful stuff.

Now that John Spencer has sadly passed away, anyone have any ideas on how they're going to finish it ? They had made 4 or 5 unseen episodes before his death and with only a few more remaining of what is probably the final series they've got a job on their hands. However, watching the newest episode i'm wondering if they haven't reshot a couple of episodes as the actors look slightly different, haggered and there's a couple of interesting plot developments.

oh bugger :oops:

ha ha

Sheen's speech in the church after his secretary has killed in a car accident is some of the best tv i've ever seen.

The rant against God? Magnificent stuff.

Rumours are: Smits was to win, dies or is assasinated, Leo assumes the Presidency. With the death I would imagine that'll change. Obviously. They'll probably bring Sam back but bringing him back then making him Prez after Smits dies is too cute and soap opera-y. That's what'll change.

I love west wing threads.

Rumour has it, Sorkin is coming back for the final 4 episodes of the current, and probably last, series - so maybe Sam may come back too.

Thus far season 7 has been patchy - very heavy on the political jargon and you don't really like all the characters as much, apart from josh, who's always great. Still no idea who is going to win the election.

Its not really been amazing since season 3, although Bradley Whitford wrote the last episode that aired last week and that was really good.

Yup - Josh and Sam shooting the sh*t in season 1 and 2 are my some of my warmest Tv memories - great writing and acting.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Will Bailey i've never really liked although in his new role, replacing toby he's been less irritating, but i miss Toby, i love grumpy characters in anything and toby was such a complex and brilliant grump - now that he and josh are talking again its good, even though its sporadic.

McCormack is very irritating, although a pretty lady (even though she has no neck), i liked Nancy, she and fitz were great characters.

Alison Janney is a great actress but her character is so different now, so marginalised by the seriousness of it all - in the last ep when Danny came back, that was more like the old west wing - obvioulsy whitford has picked up on the need for that.

RE: the writing of series 7 - its just so unnecessarily wordy - with sorkin you knew it was clever, but it felt effortless - with this it just feels like someone's sat down with a thesarus and tried to be as much of a smarty pants as they can.

Final complaint - nowhere near enough Sheen.

Yup - Josh and Sam shooting the sh*t in season 1 and 2 are my some of my warmest Tv memories - great writing and acting.

Will Bailey i've never really liked although in his new role, replacing toby he's been less irritating, but i miss Toby, i love grumpy characters in anything and toby was such a complex and brilliant grump - now that he and josh are talking again its good, even though its sporadic.

McCormack is very irritating, although a pretty lady (even though she has no neck), i liked Nancy, she and fitz were great characters.

Alison Janney is a great actress but her character is so different now, so marginalised by the seriousness of it all - in the last ep when Danny came back, that was more like the old west wing - obvioulsy whitford has picked up on the need for that.

RE: the writing of series 7 - its just so unnecessarily wordy - with sorkin you knew it was clever, but it felt effortless - with this it just feels like someone's sat down with a thesarus and tried to be as much of a smarty pants as they can.

Final complaint - nowhere near enough Sheen.

The first few seasons are fantastic. When Sam goes to see Ainsley in her office and she's dancing around in her bathrobe...only for Bartlet to walk in :lol:

And those moments between Josj and Sam were class.

I think it's down to Whitford that Toby has been kept in the programme because most of the more recent characters have been anything but.

The first few seasons are fantastic. When Sam goes to see Ainsley in her office and she's dancing around in her bathrobe...only for Bartlet to walk in :lol:

And those moments between Josj and Sam were class.

I think it's down to Whitford that Toby has been kept in the programme because most of the more recent characters have been anything but.

One of my favourite scenes is where Sam tells Ainsley she's "enough to make a good dog break his leash". The ensuing conversation/arguement between Ainsley, the lass who objects, Sam and Charlie, who just sits there piping up now and again is class.

Also, have not laughed more at any TV programme as when The President finally loses his rag with the UN Ambassador who wants his parking tickets revoked. Absolutely f***ing perfect comedy.

Anyone else really, REALLY hate

Josh and Toby actually having a fist-fight?
Not the writing, but I just hated seeing those two go at it!!

Anyone else really, REALLY hate

Josh and Toby actually having a fist-fight?
Not the writing, but I just hated seeing those two go at it!!

Dark West Wing - very upsetting that.

Ok - Top 5 west wing moments:

In no particular order.

Sheen in Cathedral having a pop at God.

Noel - the episode where Josh loses it a bit after the shooting.

Tracking shot at the beginning of the first episode.

First two episodes of the second season with the flashbacks - best thing i've ever seen on telly.

The episode where they're all writing home and josh falls over in the US congress hallyway after thanking his mum for the new shoes.

The episode where they're all writing home and josh falls over in the US congress hallyway after thanking his mum for the new shoes.

:lol:

That's just brilliant, I love his reaction.

I watched the episode yesterday where CJ and Charlie start a "war" with each other, love it when CJ says about the missing schedule "You'll find it under A for Anal" and the two staffers, Larry and Ed say:

"I don't really want to know what's in his filing cabinet, do you?"

:lol::lol:

Edited by SuperDjibril

:lol:

That's just brilliant, I love his reaction.

I watched the episode yesterday where CJ and Charlie start a "war" with each other, love it when CJ says about the missing schedule "You'll find it under A for Anal" and the two staffers, Larry and Ed say:

"I don't really want to know what's in his filing cabinet, do you?"

:lol::lol:

The later on when he takes the legs off her desk, "When you go after someone you really make them your bitch don't you?"

Great shame that - never really recovered from losing it's creator and NBC have to look at themselves over that, they were the ones who asked him to leave as they were worried about price per episode and apparantly Sorkin was getting late with handing scripts in - silly reasons to screw up what has been the best drama ever on TV.

Here's hoping for a resurrection in a few years time with Sam as President.