By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Going to Barcelona

Jezzman

That's coz he's a genius and you are ... well .... you.

1118215[/snapback]

That's a good point.

I must try harder.

I'd forgotten that when it comes to 'genius' there's a universal aesthetic we must all subscribe to.

Posts merged:

I should have known better than to have expected you not to be a predictable bore really

1118610[/snapback]

Ta, Vic.

Will it be necessary to take a taxi into the city centre from the hotel, or is it walking distance? What's the distance to the various attractions from there?

1118170[/snapback]

A distance out. Taxi in the early hours, not sure about a night bus. Nearest metro seems to be Selva Del Mar on Line 4 (yellow line) and 5 stops to Barceloneta on the front and next stop after is Jaume I on Via Laietana which is less than 5 mins walk to Gotic Cathedral and 10 mins max from Ramblas.

the fountains at Montjuic are very good, and someone else has already recommended the cava bar in Barceloneta. Bottles af cava from a few euros, and good stuff too.

Los Carajoles is a lovely restaurant, near la rambla and you walk through the kitchens to get to the tables and see all the food being prepared.

right at the back of the market on la rambla is a little fish bar. Grab a stool and order the dorado and the king prawns with a cold beer. awesome.

I'd forgotten that when it comes to 'genius' there's a universal aesthetic we must all subscribe to.

See that's the bit that I hate and for me the response from El Boss says more about his failure to understand the relationship between the aesthetic and the audience than it does about the fact I for one really don't like Gaudi's work

Will it be necessary to take a taxi into the city centre from the hotel, or is it walking distance? What's the distance to the various attractions from there?

1118170[/snapback]

Diagonal Mar is a quite nice area. Its all new and built up, posh flats and hotels, and there is a massive shopping mall there. You can get the yellow line from maresme forum to placa urquinaona which is only one street away from plaza catalunya. You can also get the tram which goes to parc ciutadella near arc de triomf, which is where i live. There is a little bar there, my local, called the republic house which shows football. There is a load of cheap bars near Marina, which is near Razzmatazz aswell which is a fkn massive club.

Diagonal Mar is a quite nice area.  Its all new and built up, posh flats and hotels, and there is a massive shopping mall there.  You can get the yellow line from maresme forum to placa urquinaona which is only one street away from plaza catalunya.  You can also get the tram which goes to parc ciutadella near arc de triomf, which is where i live.  There is a little bar there, my local, called the republic house which shows football.  There is a load of cheap bars near Marina, which is near Razzmatazz aswell which is a fkn massive club.

1119907[/snapback]

So are you Spanish or are you stationed in Spain, or why do you live in Barca...?

In regards to shopping - is it the same prices all over the city? My girlfriend will probably want to know :) The big mall at Diagonal Mar is that more or less expensive than the city centre... etc...?

Does anyone know how far the Dali museum is from Barcelona? Is it worth the time going there, when you only have 3 days there?

1120681[/snapback]

Went to Figueres on a day trip once. Took little over 2 hours by bus. Buses leave regularly from the Estación de Autobuses Barcelona Nord (near the Arc de Triomf). I liked it more than I thought I would but if you only have 3 days in Barcelona I'm not sure I'd bother. Enough to see and do in Barcelona on a first visit really.