By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Large Explosion, Nth London

Tetti

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out today that our payroll department is housed right next door and their entire system is down. So all my staff are spitting blood as they wont be getting any money before christmas by the looks of it

And we work 300 miles away

1112056[/snapback]

Northgate?

I read they will be back up later today.

Guest sniffer
It's comparing gunshots being heard 30-40 miles away, with a great big f*ck off explosion being heard 200 miles away.

Perfectly justifiable example, especially as 90% of the article explained how it could happen.

Anyway, I heard it in Reading as I said further up, and that must be 100ish miles (no feckin clue really as to crow-flies-distance) so I can well believe they heard it across the channel.

1111599[/snapback]

Maidenhead is 30 miles as the crow flies, so Reading must be around 40.

Guest sniffer
Is it a fully-laden crow?

1112286[/snapback]

No, it's sharing the load with the rest of the flock :) There was an amazing sight round here a while back. A heron flew into their space and this flock of crows attacked it. Fell like a stone, reckoned it was dead before it hit the ground. Rather like a Heinkel hit by flak during the war... :D

No, it's sharing the load with the rest of the flock :)    There was an amazing sight round here a while back.  A heron flew into their space and this flock of crows attacked it.  Fell like a stone,  reckoned it was dead before it hit the ground. Rather like a Heinkel hit by flak during the war... :D

1112303[/snapback]

:( Heron today, gone tomorrow.

Ah, that explains something.  They've were chasing me last week for payment of a £210,000 invoice our accounts payable had f*cked up.  I've heard nothing from them this week.  :D

1114232[/snapback]

Their BC plans were being held up as a "model" in the BC press this week. Im interested to see if they were in reality. We passed our FSA driven test last week, pretty well.