By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kids in lockdown

DazzlaJ

Mine have been brilliant. I knew my eldest was doing great in school, but never knew how much he applied himself to his school work.

He logs in at 8:30am and checks the school portal things and just gets on with his tasks that have been set. Some of the work goes way over my head (mainly maths) so I have a lot of pride watching him work his way through it. 

I finally had an excuse to buy a hot glue gun last week for one of his history projects. He made a tudor rose out of clay, which we baked and painted and glued together and stuck magnets on the back of to turn into a fridge magnet... Took photos of it and submitted them to the teacher and the next day the school had it all over their social media... He was chuffed to bits! 

My youngest has been great too... Gets less tasks so I set him projects myself and he has a load of lego sets he hasn't touched yet so he's been getting on with them. He did a big Technic Lego car set which he finished yesterday which made me proud as it was very complicated. 

So far so good... Very proud of them both 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I've 3 kids at primary school. 9, 7 and 5 years old. They've been great, work hard on their school work and get on pretty well (bar the usual kicking lumps out of each other). 

Some days I think they're the perfect age to get through this, we're in the countryside so good garden and plenty of scope for walking/cycling. 

Then there's the homeschooling and working full time from home problem, f*** me I've had enough of that. It's close to impossible, I finish every day f***ing spent.

2 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

My youngest has been great too... Gets less tasks so I set him projects myself and he has a load of lego sets he hasn't touched yet so he's been getting on with them. He did a big Technic Lego car set which he finished yesterday which made me proud as it was very complicated. 

Is it wrong to be jealous of a kid with unbuilt Lego sets?

12 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Is it wrong to be jealous of a kid with unbuilt Lego sets?

I've still not built the lego Yellow Submarine that I bought 4 years ago. Its still sat in the drawer. I think I am a lost cause if I can't even find the time to do it in all this. 

2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I've still not built the lego Yellow Submarine that I bought 4 years ago. Its still sat in the drawer. I think I am a lost cause if I can't even find the time to do it in all this. 

Raffle it on here. £1 a ticket. 
or a competition of some sort 

It takes a village to raise a child. It takes a distillery to homeschool one.

My lad (y9) has been great and I think is enjoying getting on with his Lego projects*(and binge-watching - now Glee) outside of the school stuff. He’s missed a couple of “tasks” he’s been set, and they moved registration this morning so it’s not been without its stresses (and shouty bits). The challenge has been getting him to exercise every day as every lesson is at the kitchen table so he’s not even walking between classes.

*he did his Yellow Submarine yonks back

3 hours ago, Swan Red said:

snipping but where's the pic of the fridge magnet

Here ya go! Moulded and baked each part, then painted it and then glued it all together before kitting it out with some mega strong magnets which now manage to open the fridge door when you try to remove it off the fridge 😆

ROSE2.jpg?width=301&height=183&fit=bound

ROSE1.jpg?width=301&height=183&fit=bound

Edited by Barnesy_10
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cobs said:

My son’s fortnite skills are going through the roof

He still can’t beat me at FIFA though

I’ve logged over 1000 kills on Apex Legends myself! Fully addicted, it’s filling all the sports holes which is a big ask.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 14:55, Barnesy_10 said:

Here ya go! Moulded and baked each part, then painted it and then glued it all together before kitting it out with some mega strong magnets which now manage to open the fridge door when you try to remove it off the fridge 😆

f***ing hell! He did that by himself! What a c***!

• Haha 1

On 24/04/2020 at 09:55, Barnesy_10 said:

Bloody hell! That’s really good mate!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

f***ing hell! He did that by himself! What a c***!

I know! I was amazed as anyone as he is proper s***e at drawing... 😂

I went through art college and my career is in art so it took a while to accept but then gets stuck in and does that at the weekend... 

I did the hot gluing... Which is ace fun