Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

London drinks March

Drinks Date  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahh yes, Furze Platt territory

Furze Platt is ever so slightly moody in parts or so I'm led to believe? Although where we are is lovely by all accounts, and by coincidence my brother worked on the build in the 80's, he assures me the houses are a good spec. By everybody's account, Maidenhead is a nightmare to get around these days, too many new homes and not enough infrastructure. Does your Dad ever mention this?

Furze Platt is ever so slightly moody in parts or so I'm led to believe? Although where we are is lovely by all accounts, and by coincidence my brother worked on the build in the 80's, he assures me the houses are a good spec. By everybody's account, Maidenhead is a nightmare to get around these days, too many new homes and not enough infrastructure. Does your Dad ever mention this?

Not really - as long as he can drive to the golf club he’s happy.

I canvassed for a double glazing company all around Cranbrook Drive etc back in the early 90s. All nice around there.

Ahh yes, Furze Platt territory

I had a sumo fight with me mate in them blow-up suits in a boozer in Furze Platt once. f*** knows why they had the suits there

Ok, I'm not moving until 26th March (Assuming all goes to plan) so I've booked a train from Dorset to that there London to arrive around 4.30 pm and I have to be at Waterloo for 10.00pm so it's a bit disjointed but be there I shall be, so two things.

Anybody around for the early shift?

A venue as near as possible to Waterloo would be mightily handy as I have a four hour round trip.

So what date has Murph confirmed this for then?

:yes: some mothers do 'ave 'em. 

If Murph has decided on the 20th then we best move on to pub options....as far from Waterloo as possible, remember? ;)

Options within Waterloo Station itself:

• Sports Bar & Grill (upstairs)
  • The Beer House (downstairs)

But more importantly...where are you going to be staying Vic?

I'm not sure Dave I was thinking of booking a premier suites or something but thought the less I have to stagger from the pub is prob good so was going to wait till we've sorted a venue

which means of course I need to know where that is more than a couple of days before which is why I'm relieved you're on the case because I don't trust many of the others to get this resolved tbh

I'll be available early as well I did mean to mention. I will however be rotating some non alcoholic* drinks in as there's not much chance I'll stay the distance otherwise.

*He says trying most of all to convince himself

I tend to stay on brand with the fever tree tonic and lime no gin but idk at London prices it may be water

Can any London types recommend somewhere good for food either around Old Street area or South Bank/London Bridge/Borough Market?

Somewhere slightly out of the ordinary that would be hard to find outside London would be good, going to be up there for the Warhol exhibition in March for a night and want to make the most of the big smoke.

I doubt I can come to this,

yet I still want a say in what happens

and there's a v good fish restaurant right by Borough Market (well it was a few years ago when I went) called Wright Brothers