Restaurants - pt.36

Just worked out why I keep referencing cars and salesman:

A lad gave me a lift to a wedding in Chelmsford, which btw was further away from Bethnal Green than I imagined. He was about thirty but was already ten years too old for his haircut. He tells me him and his (gorgeous, but well away) fiancée both work in the same West End dept store as personal shoppers, they are engaged by a customer and then pick out what they suggest they should...

And as I'm wondering whether it had been left to his parents to tearfully explain this to his grandparents he reaches over, turns on the CD and says "time for a bit of New Order I think".

Prejudice and conceit.

On my part that is. It's not the name of the album.

Snobbery and Decay

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good way to listen to bands that you 'should' be listening to but for some reason you're not sure about

go on Youtube and watch great bands covering them, like in down time in the studio

eg watch Radiohead do New Order's 'Ceremony'

I think it might be worth the 2 mins out of your life

It's boss that cover. Radiohead doing the headmaster ritual also great.

New Order aren't very good live but definitely a brilliant band.

Liverpool is generally quite poor for Indian restaurants.

Yukti, Mowgli, Meyur are all good.  Traditional style, Holdi in Woolton is good.

Mick Head was alright like but versus the Smiths? Nah.

Mick head was? Mick Head very much is an is.  New album out soon.

Yeah you don't say Mick Head was. That's a wrong. Unfortunately for us all the world stubbornly remains wool but that's not Mick's fault but it is partly Morrissey's.

And "Hooky"'s

I love the Smiths, Morrissey, The Pale Fountains, Shack, Michael Head and the red elastic band.

There is space in the world for all of those bands. If you open your mind Smithdown.

Big Stone Roses fan aren't you Smithdown?

Not anymore.

The same lads who recorded I wanna be adored went on the release All For One.

There hasn't ever been such a flabby narrative for a band.

Pure manc.

I love the Smiths, Morrissey, The Pale Fountains, Shack, Michael Head and the red elastic band.

There is space in the world for all of those bands. If you open your mind Smithdown.

What I mean is, next time Paul Morley drones on about "quintessentially encapsulating the Irish Catholic working class northern English post war post industrial experience" to accompanying overhead images of Hulme he can go f*ck himself. The smiths sound stuck in the fifties now compared to what Mick has had to say about the last few decades.

Now open on Allerton Road as well.

Made up with that, it's a 2 minute walk from my house  :thumbs:

I've always enjoyed EastZEast.

Went there with my wife for her birthday and she really enjoyed it.

She's veggie and her per hate is restaurants who substitute spice/heat for flavour in veggie options. She said EastZEast was really good in this regard.

The veggie Indian on Bixteth Street, Sanskruti, is really good. The cashew nut massala is tremendous.

All the Indian lads at my work who have been shipped in by IBM eat there.

I class myself as a decent cook but nothing special. Were I live I can cook a much better curry than the bland, ghee drenched fair most curry houses apart from 2 are serving up. Think people are just more discerning now about restaurant and take away food.

Edited by D.Boon