By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

EU Referendum

DazzlaJ

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

1. 1. In, out, undecided

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Not sure

This poll is closed to new votes

Only if you're being prissy. 'the one of big three' being different to 'one of big three' no matter how quickly it was punched in

A prissy pendant writes: you have put the "the" in the wrong place there. You're not getting this.

One of THE big three would imply holders of the alleged great offices of state, which would include Foreign Secretary but exclude the Mayor of London. "One of big three who stood with grassroots" means there [were] three who stood with grassroots (?) and were "big", the definition of which is entirely subjective, and one of them . . .whatever

A prissy pendant writes: you have put the "the" in the wrong place there. You're not getting this.

One of THE big three would imply holders of the alleged great offices of state, which would include Foreign Secretary but exclude the Mayor of London. "One of big three who stood with grassroots" means there [were] three who stood with grassroots (?) and were "big", the definition of which is entirely subjective, and one of them . . .whatever

Nah, just all a bit silly

I don't want to leave the EU but I'm not a big fan of the EU as it is. Stinks of corruption and jobs for the boys to me.

But he has a man of the people going on. It might be a lie, but you can see how people fall for it.

A lot of people seem to have warm feelings towards bumbling toffs, and he plays that persona up.

I am quite surprised. It's a big call for someone who, one assumes, has designs on Cameron's job.

It's exactly what someone in the Tory party who wants Cameron's job would do. That's why he's doing it.

Though it is difficult for me to accept that this country has now gone so far down the line that the entire media spent the whole weekend hanging on this f*cking buffoon's every utterance. What hasn't been made much of is the fact that his mayoralty of London has been an absolute unmitigated disaster because rather than bothering himself with the day to day management of the city, he just saw the job as a feather in his cap and gave as little attention to actually doing any real work as he could get away with. No reason to think he would treat being PM any differently. As someone on Twitter said if you think Cameron is a political lightweight then Johnson is paperweight.

Nah, v different

No that is pretty much exactly what he is.

I don't want to leave the EU but I'm not a big fan of the EU as it is. Stinks of corruption and jobs for the boys to me.

I completely agree but you can't change it if you're outside it.

Edited by Des

Multiple appearances on HIGNFY helped Boris cultivate the lovable bumbling buffoon image.

see brooker article above. full name Boris LOL!!!! what a legernd!! Johnson!!!. media at large have been entirely complicit in the construction of this persona by the way.

I completely agree but you can't change it if you're outside it.

Totally, and that's what's so frustrating about these talks Cameron's having - completely the wrong focus.

It's still stretching the imagination to think people turn up to vote for it.

They already have.

They already have.

Aye, it still has me baffled. One thing students swept up in something wacky like vote for the Nelson Mandela Building to be changed to the Bruce Forsyth but I can't see how someone goes out their way to vote for a fella they think is a right larf, there must be some sort of anger behind it as well.

Aye, it still has me baffled. One thing students swept up in something wacky like vote for the Nelson Mandela Building to be changed to the Bruce Forsyth but I can't see how someone goes out their way to vote for a fella they think is a right larf, there must be some sort of anger behind it as well.

It's the outsider thing, he's seen as different to the likes of Cameron because he says 'what he thinks'.

I think a lot of people just recognise him better than they do anyone else.

It's the outsider thing, he's seen as different to the likes of Cameron because he says 'what he thinks'.

Yeah there something in that because I'm sure if you asked someone "ok so what does he think?" you'd be waiting a while for an actual sentence to form.

I heard some pastor or a man of the cloth anyway being asked at a trump rally if he thinks his hero is a proper Christian to which he answered with a confident chuckle "oh not at all really but I am certain once he becomes president he will become a bit more like one".

This is it. In an era where politicians from all sides are a bland, forgettable bunch and where engagement is low, he's just got brand recognition cause he's a character from the telly.

Absolutely, but he somehow manages to look like he isn't.

It's as if all they needed to do to disguise their establishment credentials is fail to comb their hair.

@KAMF, thinks that's a pretty reasonable shout that, don't think he makes leader.

I still think Johnson will be the Keith Joseph/Michael Heseltine/Michael Portillo/Ken Clarke/David Davis "obvious next Tory leader who didn't actually make it"

It's always someone who was nowhere a year or two before they decide. The last time the front runner won a tory leadership election was Eden. So f*** knows who they end up with this time, but I'd bet it isn't Johnson or Osborne.

Edited by Gilps