Sign in to follow this  
melia

the MMA

It didn't take McGregor long to take Aldo out, did it? The Rockhold v Weidman fight was a cracker. Weidman's face was a mess. Seems to be a lot of unbeaten streaks coming to an end lately.

Compared to these guys, the F1 drivers are pussies ;)

He gets insane power from weird angles, kind of like Prince Naseem. Spoke to a 185er that trains with him the other day and he said he hits as hard or harder than anyone he's faced at 185 never mind 145.

Wow

the result i wanted but i can't help but feel sorry for Aldo to lose in that manner after such a long reign as champ. McGregor is the real deal

method=get&s=jose-aldo-12-13-2015-2-17-3

1z7kuXf.gif

He gets insane power from weird angles, kind of like Prince Naseem. Spoke to a 185er that trains with him the other day and he said he hits as hard or harder than anyone he's faced at 185 never mind 145.

apparently they reckon he was around 175 when he actually actually fought

What was the contracted weight for the fight?

think it was 145 - he was skinny as f*** at weigh in. I might be out by a few pounds either way but it was a huge difference

It was 145 yeah, his walking around weight is 175 before camp but that would come down during camp, he's probably walking aroind at 160ish a week before the fight, there's no way he loses 30lbs of water weight though and even less chance he puts it back on in 24 hours, especially since they banned IVs.

The IV ban coming in is a large part of the reason he's talking about moving up to 155. His coach doesn't think it's healthy for him to keep getting down to 145 long term. Chances are there's going to be a lot of fighters moving divisions for the same reason.

Mcgregor's chin isn't great. I know it's 2 weight classes higher than he normally fights but Diaz isn't a power puncher, he is all volume. He hurt McGregor standing, put him against the cage battered him a for a minute then McGregor tried to take him to the ground which is Nates breat and butter and it was done. Nate was well busted up but McGregor needs to tone down moving betweenweight divisions, especially 2 weight classes higher. He doesn't have the chin for it nor the ground game.

I think he smacked him around the ring so easily in Rd 1 he thought he would cruise it then got caught with a decent hit - always a danger v a bigger guy.

That women's fight on before it was a mad old thing.

Is there usually that much blood smeared about?

depends. Sometimes. There tends to be more cuts than boxing cos if the glove size. That said I believe there is less concussion for that reason as well so swings and roundabouts

Aldo already fishing for the rematch

If he wants to settle some old scores he should start with Dave Beasant

I think stamina played an issue as well, fighting with the extra weight against a mch bigger guy will gas you quicker. Happy to see Miesha finally win the title, hoping see can avenge her defeats against Ronda now.

Edited by lfc003