By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Honeymoon in Bali

Hassony

I'm planning for my Honeymoon , which will be during the first two weeks of October hopefully

The plan is to split it between KL and Bali

has anyone been to Bali ? any recommendations , is there enough to do there for a week?

I'm really looking for a villa with a private pool , was thinking of the Maldives originally but that's a bit too expensive if I want something private

I'm planning for my Honeymoon , which will be during the first two weeks of October hopefully

has anyone been to Bali ? any recommendations , is there enough to do there for a week?

I'm really looking for a villa with a private pool , was thinking of the Maldives originally but that's a bit too expensive if I want something private

I went to Bali for my Honeymoon 5 years ago.

Had a fantastic time, we stayed in 3 different resorts around the island.

We stayed in the Samaya in Seminyak, then went to Ubud which is more inland and surrounded by paddy fields and stayed in the chedi club, then finally a couple of nights in the four seasons in Jimbrayn bay.

There is loads to do and lots of great places to eat, we had 3 trips as part of our package, one was a bike ride through the paddy fields (fortunately it was mostly downhill). We also visited the monkey sanctuary and went to see a barong dance/show.

On the beach at Jimbyayn bay in the evening there are lots of restaurants that put tables out on the beach and cook the days catch, that you see coming off the fishing boats. you could get a fantastic meal for 2 for about £10-£15 from what i remember.

We got quotes from various travel companies and played them off against each other a bit getting better rooms and prices etc. until we got the best deal we could.

All in all we had a really great time, but all depends what you are looking for. all things being considered the Samaya was the best place we stayed taking into account location, rooms and price.

I went to Bali for my Honeymoon 5 years ago.

Had a fantastic time, we stayed in 3 different resorts around the island.

We stayed in the Samaya in Seminyak, then went to Ubud which is more inland and surrounded by paddy fields and stayed in the chedi club, then finally a couple of nights in the four seasons in Jimbrayn bay.

There is loads to do and lots of great places to eat, we had 3 trips as part of our package, one was a bike ride through the paddy fields (fortunately it was mostly downhill). We also visited the monkey sanctuary and went to see a barong dance/show.

On the beach at Jimbyayn bay in the evening there are lots of restaurants that put tables out on the beach and cook the days catch, that you see coming off the fishing boats. you could get a fantastic meal for 2 for about £10-£15 from what i remember.

We got quotes from various travel companies and played them off against each other a bit getting better rooms and prices etc. until we got the best deal we could.

All in all we had a really great time, but all depends what you are looking for. all things being considered the Samaya was the best place we stayed taking into account location, rooms and price.

thanks mate

can I ask what month did you go ? and what was the weather like

Loads to do and see in Bali. Can easily do a week. Hire a jeep and have an explore

That sounds like an excellent idea

Nah its fine...though I nearly knocked down a kid, plus at one point I was willing to go to court rather than pay off the police who were making up somes*** to try and get a fine out of me....bali is great hassony, a week will fly by my man.

Yeah, I'll give the jeep a pass.

Pattaya is lovely this time of year. Go there instead.

I've heard Bali is full of drunk Aussies.

Edited by Grahimi LeBroy

Pattaya is lovely this time of year. Go there instead.

I've heard Bali is full of drunk Aussies.

All the aussies stick to kuta beach area, though in saying that we still enjoyed kuta.

Dont let what I said put you off hiring a jeep its a great way to see the island and sure its all an adventure though its handy to have someone with you to point out giving the cops a fiver is a better option than going to court on a matter of principle, when you on your holidays. Theres some stunning scenery on the drive round and the drivings easy enough.

Don't forget the elephant centre and white water rafting.

Pick the right resort. First week of October is school holidays here (Australia) and its a popular spot. Book early as you can.

Watch your bags carefully, been lots of drug problems. Had a mate who said someone was trying to put something in his. He's a big lad and when he saw they backed away pretty quick!

Why the f*** would someone sneak drugs into your bag?

Like, what 's the point unless you've arranged to give them to someone?

because if you get them through unknowingly and successfully you get your bag snatched or pickpocketed the second you exit arrivals on the other side.