By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Cuba

cymrococh

Looking for a beach holiday, wouldn't mind spending some time in Havana as well but it'll only be for 7 nights so not sure if that's possible.

Anyone got any experience of a decent package?

Edited by cymrococh

Looking for a beach holiday, wouldn't mind spending some time in Havana as well but it'll only be for 7 nights so not sure if that's possible.

Anyone got any experience of a decent package?

Must resist cheap gag. Must resist cheap gag

I've been - good few years back

but it was a 10/11 day beach holiday in Guardalavaca then 3 nights in Havana. Not sure it's worth doing the split if you're only there 7 nights

Liked Cuba though - beaches were great, locals were great, food was poor, weather was great, rum cocktails were great, lack of Americans was great

I spent a few weeks travelling around Cuba a couple of years ago, so don't know too much about the packages, other than most of the hotels offering package holidays are on islands off the mainland of Cuba . There were loads of 'day trippers' in Havana from these resorts though.

Havana is brilliant

Went to the Cayos 2 years last October. Loved it. It was a real beach bum holiday - barely moved form the beach and pool bar through the whole break but that was exactly what I was after at the time - just battery recharging.

We said if we went again we'd do a half beach/half Havana job but it's a pretty big island so ideally you'd have a beach leg closer to Havana than the Cayos where we stayed.

I know it's an old cliche buit the peopel are ridiculously fiendly and easy-going.

You need to lower expectations about the standards of food, accomodation etc. as they clearly struggle with the types of stuff they can import. As long as you go in knowing that you will be fine..

Varadero is the place you are looking for. An hour or two into Havana, unbelievable beaches. There's a Sandles there.

Aye - was there in 1998

GO THERE BEFORE THE AMERICANS SWARM BACK (albeit a bit off yet but probably inevitable).

Go to the bar Hemingway did untold liver damage to himself in, in Havana