By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Lions

Cobs

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade looks insanely good. Worth the entrance fee alone. Reminds me of Robinson. He's small,but brilliant.

Very much - can probably be got at because of his size (think Tuqiri v Robinson) but he offers that blinding pace that England so lacked in the 6N

Wouldn't say there's loads of class wings to take though. North for sure,but there's not many out there that look absolutely electric. Cuthberts good byt another big unit.Don't see a great deal of pace in any of the back-lines that've been put out there.

Playing against a very good side too,brings something different and there's usually a wild-card type.

Can't see him getting picked for the Lions though.

Will basically be a load of Welsh lads, in case the sight of some English makes the Aussies play better, or something.

I think he knows to go too Welsh is a recipe for defeat. It might be too soon for Wade but there's often the odd surprise call up. The fact Gatland is there and he's producing this cant go unnoticed anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or three of the Toulon massive be called up either, despite the potential conflict with the French clubs

I think he knows to go too Welsh is a recipe for defeat. It might be too soon for Wade but there's often the odd surprise call up. The fact Gatland is there and he's producing this cant go unnoticed anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or three of the Toulon massive be called up either, despite the potential conflict with the French clubs

Yeah it is possible, as you say there is often a wild-card and he probably should have feautured more for England by now.

By the 'three' I assume you mean the Armitage S, Sheridan and Wilkinson?

Can't see Delon, Shaw or Kennedy being anywhere near!

Yeah it is possible, as you say there is often a wild-card and he probably should have feautured more for England by now.

By the 'three' I assume you mean the Armitage S, Sheridan and Wilkinson?

Yeah

Toulon v Leicester should be a cracker on Sunday

Jeez he was close again - wow, he's quick

He's destroyed Rob Kearney there for his second try and you don't see that often

I think Wade is a shoe in for the squad. Fast pitches and a lack of line breakers who can pop up anywhere (unless Ashton rediscovers his mojo) means he provides an option no one else does.

North on the other wing with a decent attacking, but solid FB (Kearney, Halfpenny, Foden) and that's a balanced and dangerous back three.

• 4 weeks later...

yep, think Gatland's backed himself into a silly corner with his stance on the French based players

Wilkinson is still clearly the outsanding fly half in NH rugby and should be going

I can totally understand his stance, without necessarily agreeing with it. I think he's had real success with creating an insular squad mentality with the Welsh team and it seems like he's trying to do that with the Lions as well.

Was Wilkinson injured for the six nations?

I can totally understand his stance, without necessarily agreeing with it. I think he's had real success with creating an insular squad mentality with the Welsh team and it seems like he's trying to do that with the Lions as well.

Was Wilkinson injured for the six nations?

Jonny has retired from England

Gatland's problem is he knows all the welsh players, they've been the best team in the 6N and so he's going to go with a Welsh heavy squad - except all those players have an awful record v Australia (as well as NZ & SA) so he needs to bring other players into that mix that improve it from a playing and a mental perspective. The likes of BOD (who should be captain but it looks like it's Warburton) and Wilkinson are exactly what he needs. The Ausses will be delighted if he doesn't pick Jonny.

FB - Halfpenny, Hogg, Kearney

W - Bowe, Cuthbert, Maitland, North

C - Davies, BOD, Roberts, Tuliagi

FH - Farrell, Sexton,

SH - Murray, Phillips, Youngs

P - Cole, Healy, Jenkins, Jones, Stevens, Vunipola

H - Hartley, Hibbard, Youngs

2nd Row - Evans, Gray, Wyn Jones, O'Connell, Parling,

back row - Croft, Faletau, Heaslip, Lydiate, O'Brien,Tipuric, Warburton (capt)

Edited by Cobs

English and succesful, plus from a personal perspective, the sh*tting cat kicking technique.

He looks like the kind of person I hated at University. Smug, collars-up, over-privileged c*nt of a man.

(he might be nice in 'real life', no idea.)