By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Favourite Beatles Song

Ed the Wool

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss fyds:

"Lennon had been listening to tapes made by Yves Klein in 1963 , lent to him by photographer Robert Freeman. he had been making 'avante garde' recording in his flat in the same block as Freeman and later at his home in Weybridge by stringing together 8 tape-to-tape swiss made Nagra recorders to create multi-tracking of his own voice and sound effects. This was as much as 2-3 years before he met Ono at the Indica Gallery in 1966."

that other thread must have some posts missing cause apparently I said Im down is on rocknroll vol2 but I cant find that post.

There's a Stalinist purge going on. The past is being rewritten.

I've changed my mind over the intervening 7 years, and now my favourite Beatles song is "I'm Only Sleeping".

I like Baby You're A Rich Man, right now. It's absolute bloody genius, yet hidden away really.I was listening to the base track thinking no that's not right it's not going to fit in time with the melody and the Melotron ... But somehow it's just perfect. Go listen to it.

Michael Owen was talking about The Beatles on Twitter recently. Gave his top five after saying he'd listened to their songs for a solid hour while driving to training.

He was probably sat in his car watching training.

He's pure Partridge.

I like Baby You're A Rich Man, right now. It's absolute bloody genius, yet hidden away really.I was listening to the base track thinking no that's not right it's not going to fit in time with the melody and the Melotron ... But somehow it's just perfect. Go listen to it.

Aye, a marvellous song. "Only A Northern Song" is another work of genius.

Nice call. Had this on a 7" when we were little, must have been one my mum bought at the time, I didn't realise it was a B side until I was much older. That melotron is wonderfully trippy.

We were lucky to have Fyds. Its rare to have someone with that combination of musical pedigree and heavyweight intellect.

Rocky Racoon and Blackbird would have to be two of my favorites.

Good old Macca.

Edited by D.Boon

in a spot of "oh ill find out what he means" i went off and read about don draper and TNK...found this comment on Mad men

This show is brilliant.

I'm so glad that it has no Blacks in it, and on the odd occasion they are in the show, they are in supporting roles to White characters. Ah, the good old days where Blacks new their place and keep their mouths shut.

Im assuming its a joke.

Edited by Ostrich Man

in a spot of "oh ill find out what he means" i went off and read about don draper and TNK...found this comment on Mad men

This show is brilliant.

I'm so glad that it has no Blacks in it, and on the odd occasion they are in the show, they are in supporting roles to White characters. Ah, the good old days where Blacks new their place and keep their mouths shut.

Im assuming its a joke.

And good honest white folks could use the English language accurately!