By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

danny bakers vinyl thingy

Ostrich Man

last nights was the rock one.

Anyone watch it? I would leave my wife for the girl who was on it...

after googling it her name is Kate Mossman.

Any woman who has Colosseum - those who about to die we salute you as one of her top 3 albums from rock has to be a keeper

Edited by Ostrich Man

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last nights was the rock one.

Anyone watch it? I would leave my wife for the girl who was on it...

after googling it her name is Kate Mossman.

Any woman who has Colosseum - those who about to die we salute you as one of her top 3 albums from rock has to be a keeper

I agree about Kate Mossman, but it was the record producer for the Smiths who picked my favourite album: Ziggy Stardust.

Definition of pop seemed to be 'anything at all'.

The Smiths? Pop?

well you could end up getting very A@A about it....it was the same with rock.

I mean are queen or bowie rock or pop or bit of both?

the guests on it have put me off - Clarkson was on the rock one and isn't Grace Dent on one? Can't stand her.

i nearly didnt watch it cause clarkson was on it...but then Id watch HIGNFY or QI if hes on it so i let it go...he wasnt that bad on it actually.

havent watched the pop one yet.

I agree about Kate Mossman, but it was the record producer for the Smiths who picked my favourite album: Ziggy Stardust.

and yet said his favourite bowie album was hunky dory

Well, they wrote three minute songs with verses and choruses that got in the charts. Is Ask not pop? Or Panic?

In the context of Danny Baker's programme where all the music ever recorded is divided into three categories, I am not entirely sure where the Smiths fit in. I hate genres in music.

If I had to define it, I'd say pop had a lightness of mood and subject which The Smiths didn't really embody.

In the context of Danny Baker's programme where all the music ever recorded is divided into three categories, I am not entirely sure where the Smiths fit in. I hate genres in music.

If I had to define it, I'd say pop had a lightness of mood and subject which The Smiths didn't really embody.

is a Whiter Shade of Pale a pop song?

the guests on it have put me off - Clarkson was on the rock one and isn't Grace Dent on one? Can't stand her.

Used to like some of her writing, but the more I see of her in person, the less I like her.

In fact Matty, how are the Smiths not pop??

I think they could be poppy at times, but weren't really a pop group.

It's all semantics though, isn't it? You can call them what you like, but their music still sounds the same.

On the topic of Kate Mossman, she's a good-looking woman, but she has the soul of an Old Grey Whistle Test presenter. That doesn't do it for me.

i thought you might be able to form an opinion on whether it was pop or not...I didnt realise that was too much of a stretch for you.

Ok, I've decided it is pop.

Now, what point are you going to make in the typically laboured and dreary manner that's become your calling card?