By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

German Shorthaired Pointer

whitewidow

Didn't think a German Shorthaired was a Weimeraner.... the ones I have always seen have been similar shape but the pointer is a mottled brown but the latter a plain smoky colour. May be wrong but both dogs look gorgeous but being gundogs need a lot of exercise...

And LOL on the picture, as did wife and MiL

Get a collie.

I...Just get a collie if you want a proper dog like our Rosie, who has just chased her last squirrel and had her last dribble of a footy into a lake and dive in after, a dozen or more years working hard making the people happy, like a dog Shanks really.

They're just better dogs is all. Cleverer and better.

But don't mind me...

Get a collie.

I...Just get a collie if you want a proper dog like our Rosie, who has just chased her last squirrel and had her last dribble of a footy into a lake and dive in after, a dozen or more years working hard making the people happy, like a dog Shanks really.

They're just better dogs is all. Cleverer and better.

But don't mind me...

Ah, sorry to hear that.

The second of the two golden retrievers my brother and I picked out when we were still at home died last year, she was a couple of weeks short of 15, her sister having died about 18 months before.

Loved them to bits I did, still well up now sometimes thinking about them, was even harder for my folks who were with them day in, day out whereas I moved out about 11 years ago.

Not sure they'll ever get another, think they found losing the second one in particular just too hard cos there was a few weeks build up where we all knew what was coming, whereas the first one was very sudden.

But yeah, it was a privilege having them and if I wasn't out all day I reckon I'd do it again in s heartbeat.

Had a pointer when I was younger. Got as a pet, big mistake. They need so much exercise, they are naturally very assertive and aren't great with kids or anyone they don't know really. In more recent years I see a few pointers regularly enough working in the field and if that's what you want him for then they are brilliant but as pets I'd really think twice.