By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Netflix/LoveFilm

AC

Is there a risk to the Xbox doing that?

Not that I am aware of. Tbh, you have been able to do it for ages and I think if Netflix were bothered they would have done something to stop it.

I think they are happy getting their subscription monies - the only reason that they dont offer more in the UK officially is to do with licensing. This enables them to do it unofficially and therefore keep more clients in the UK. I wouldnt use their UK service without this as it is poor.

Not that I am aware of. Tbh, you have been able to do it for ages and I think if Netflix were bothered they would have done something to stop it.

I think they are happy getting their subscription monies - the only reason that they dont offer more in the UK officially is to do with licensing. This enables them to do it unofficially and therefore keep more clients in the UK. I wouldnt use their UK service without this as it is poor.

Must check it out. My Xbox is well out of warranty anyway so no bother if something like this invalidates it.

What device? What happened/didnt happen?

Xbox mate. I found instructions online - changed dns settings, signed back in and went to Netflix, but wouldn't open. Just sat at red title page with the wee loading circle going around and around.

Tried deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app but still no good. Had to change the settings back again so I could get back into the normal UK Netflix.

Xbox mate. I found instructions online - changed dns settings, signed back in and went to Netflix, but wouldn't open. Just sat at red title page with the wee loading circle going around and around.

Tried deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app but still no good. Had to change the settings back again so I could get back into the normal UK Netflix.

I managed to do it on the ps3, had to try 3 different DNS settings before it worked. Works now, I will check what they are tonight

I managed to do it on the ps3, had to try 3 different DNS settings before it worked. Works now, I will check what they are tonight

Cheers mate. Xbox has got a new dashboard update. Wondered if that has scuppered it somehow. New patch included in it or something.

What dns settings did you use? Was it through Unblock us.

Always works really well for me.

Followed instructions here:

http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/15-xbox-360-tutorials/98507-how-get-us-netflix-uk.html

The DNS Settings on that guide are for Unblock Us. They charge for use of their settings (About £3 pm) although you do get a free trial for a week if you set up an account.

If you havent an account with Unblock Us then those settings will not work. I would recommend that you set up an account and give it a try to see if you think it is worth the extra cash. The difference is massive.

There are other DNS settings out there but they are not as reliable. If you need any other help let me know

The DNS Settings on that guide are for Unblock Us. They charge for use of their settings (About £3 pm) although you do get a free trial for a week if you set up an account.

If you havent an account with Unblock Us then those settings will not work. I would recommend that you set up an account and give it a try to see if you think it is worth the extra cash. The difference is massive.

There are other DNS settings out there but they are not as reliable. If you need any other help let me know

Ah. Just saw the comments saying it worked and thought that's all I needed to do. Don't think I'd be minded to pay extra for it to be honest.

Would suggest you give it a try and see at least. You can set up a weeks trial and wont be charged at the end unless you go ahead with it. Will at least let you see what content it has.

True. You wouldn't recommend trying any other settings u can find, that wouldn't require me to sign up for anything?

You can do - just search the net but I found that the other settings would not work regularly. Up to you really...

When you set up with Unblock Us initially I am sure that it doesnt ask for payment info so you wont get charged unless you want to proceed.