By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Berlin Stag

Guy_Incognito

I'm on a stag do this weekend in Berlin, for which the best man has seemingly arranged f*** all.

The only thing I know in terms of what to do in Berlin, is that it's massive and you really need to know where you're going rather than just hoping to wing it and bob into whatever pubs you see.

So, anyone any suggestions for areas where to go? And where I'll be able to catch the derby on Sunday?

We're staying at Alexanderplatz which seems fairly central

Otherwise I'm basically expecting someone to find an Irish pub and essentially being in there all weekend.

Danke.

I love it that Guy asks for suggestions so they won't just spend the whole weekend in an Irish pub. So Swipe recommends an Irish pub.

s***, so he did! I completely scanned past that part...

In my defence, I was only talking about watching the football. No excuse staying in an Irish pub in Berlin longer than the game.

Edited by Swipe

This place is great for a dirty burger or steak, decent tunes (indie/rock/punk mostly), they also have bands on. Got very drunk in here.

http://www.whitetrashfastfood.com/restaurant/

There are some good places around Oranienburger Strasse and Hackescher Markt.

There was a beach bar the back of an art centre called The Kunsthaus Tacheles on Oranienburger Strasse. I believe the art centre has since closed and 'm not sure if the beach bar is still there.

There is a tremendous kebab shop opposite Hackescher Markt at the botton of Rosenthaler Strasse (i think) but I can't remeber the name of it.

Love that kebab place Cunny.

Best ones ever.

I've been there a lot but don't go see Hertha. They're muck despite the easy rail link.

King Kong Klub on Brunnenstaße and some other bars along that street I was in last time.

Including some Soviet rock spot where a Brody Dalle type girl was playing a bass guitar amazingly.

Tacheles complex is just down to Studio 54 and Havana now IIRC?

The club is mental complete with old school techno and indie bands depending on whether its a Friday or Saturday?

Go see Potsdamer Platz as its like Blade Runner.

Edited by Benzo-13

This place is great for a dirty burger or steak, decent tunes (indie/rock/punk mostly), they also have bands on. Got very drunk in here.

http://www.whitetras...com/restaurant/

There are some good places around Oranienburger Strasse and Hackescher Markt.

There was a beach bar the back of an art centre called The Kunsthaus Tacheles on Oranienburger Strasse. I believe the art centre has since closed and 'm not sure if the beach bar is still there.

There is a tremendous kebab shop opposite Hackescher Markt at the botton of Rosenthaler Strasse (i think) but I can't remeber the name of it.

Spent a Sunday in that beach bar about five years ago. f***ing great spot.

all the night club crowd reckon Berlin's the place to go (and they do, frequently)

I couldn't possibly comment

s'alright

if in that area, Dresden's the place to see - spectacular

all i know of dresden is that it was firebombed. Was much of the historical architecture left ? or restored ?

ha! You obviously never attended one of Albert Speer's soirées

I didn't share his views on Art Deco.

I'd like to visit Berlin. There must be some interesting places to visit ?

Not really. Most of it fits into what Samuel Johnson said about the Giant's Causeway - 'Worth seeing, but not worth going to see'.

all the night club crowd reckon Berlin's the place to go (and they do, frequently)

I couldn't possibly comment

Club Fascists and Bores. The more time you spend in a club, the better it must surely be. Tis boollocks.

I didn't share his views on Art Deco.

Not really. Most of it fits into what Samuel Johnson said about the Giant's Causeway - 'Worth seeing, but not worth going to see'.

Club Fascists and Bores. The more time you spend in a club, the better it must surely be. Tis boollocks.

Whilst I did enjoy Berlin, it does seem like the 'culture' they go on about so much is manufactured to the point of it being boring. e.g. the leaving of graffiti all over the place, bars/restaurants which are 'kooky' just for the sake of it.

Barcelona or Krakow would be my destination if I was looking for an easyjet stag.

Thanks all

s***, so he did! I completely scanned past that part...

In my defence, I was only talking about watching the football. No excuse staying in an Irish pub in Berlin longer than the game.

:) I'd be disappointed if I went to a city and didn't go to an Irish bar, I just fancied making sure I saw some other ones.

A load of my mates went to Berlin and hated it. But then I know a couple of people who have lived there and really liked it, so you might have to know what you are doing

Sounds like I've got the casting vote.