By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Honeymoon in Malaysia

Dmitch

Hi,

Have finally booked the date of the big day and after weeks and weeks of talking about it we have decided we are going to do Sigapore and malaysia for our honeymoon.

As i know many of you are globetrotters i thought id ask your opinion.

We are starting off in Singapore and from there will be heading up to Langkowi (sp) then down to Kuala Lumpa to fly home. we are also thinking about a few nights in Penang... although have been told its a bit of a smelly version of Langkawi was wondering if there are any parts that you feel we MUST see.

Cheers in advance as always!

Just incase it helps we will be going in July......OFF SEASON!

Few thoughts:

Its the off- season,haven't had the chance to check out rain stats for when you're going,but be aware that IMO there's not loads to do in places like Langkawi and Penang if it's raining.We were there then and it rained an awful lot. It might be cheaper,but it's your honeymoon,so...

That said,Langkawi is beautiful. You couldn't do better than Casa Del Mar there which is fantastic,beautiful place to stay and superb food. Great honeymoon hotel. Also,definitely do a boat tour around the other islands,we got to see dolphins and lots of other cool stuff.

Penang is ok,but a few dopey clubs and bars there.

Penang I would swerve,fairly unremarkable place.Decent beaches,a few clubs,about it.

Lucky you. I spent 2-1/2 years out there a while back but i know its changed since. Definitely recommend K.L. and Langkawi, and the beaches at Penang. If you want a change of scenery and to completely chill out, there's Kuantan on the other coast. Singapore is brilliant but I'm biased!

have changed mind are leaving out penang going to do Borneo instead. What are your thoughts on 17th July London - Singapore staying park hotel Clarke quay hotel for 3 nights. Then on to Kotakinabalu 5 nights in the shangri la tanjung aru. then Kuala Lumpar 2 nights in the traders. and finaly on to Langkawi Berjaya 5 nights with a free upgrade to the sea view room. then returning VIA singapore

Just got in.vnot sure if I have replied to this threadvalready. Why are you getting married so quickly? If you're set on having a honeymoon in Malaysia you have to go to the Perhentian Islands, really good. Also, try the Cameron Highlands. Malaysia is boss.

Traders is superb in KL

Only g*******svallckuala lumpur kl

Singas and KL - w*****s

Traders is superb in KL

Concur. The breakfast is by some distance the best I have ever experienced. Go for the concierge/exec level rooms or whatever they are called, and fill your boots at cocktail hour. Make sure you have a twin towers view.

Cheers guys Borneos shangri la rasa ria has its own orphange for orangutans so going to do that one instead plus its a bit cheaper

Told you so!

Stayed there twice - it's f***ing gorgeous. Those who have been to Tanjung Aru say that one's better (but that doesn't have a rpivate beach I don't think), but those who have been to both say Rasa Ria's better.

Edited by _00_deathscar

Just a bit worried as most pics ive seen the weather looks really overcast! if im spending over 4 grand id like a bit of sunshine as well! what are your thoughts?

southeast asia in july? you're taking a gamble. you could have amazing sunshine, 35 degrees C every day with an hour downpour about 5 o'clock each day. or you could have a solid fortnight of monsoon. if it's any consolation this year's rainy season has been really, well, dry.

Presumably if you're spending that kind of money you're staying in decent hotels, and it's your honeymoon so you'll be knackered after the wedding and you should be spending a fair amount of time doing your Mrs.

So the weather shouldn't matter that much.

Edited by cymrococh