By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Barbados

FakeNewsBear

Go on a yacht along the West coast. All beaches are public over there no matter what resort fronts it so take advantage. Hire a car and see the whole island, you can do it in a day. The east coast is far less developed but beautiful. Go to the races if there is a meeting, great day out. Goto Oistins fish market on Friday night, great fresh fish bbq and the big night out for the locals.

It's a fantastic place and the Bajan people are brilliant.

Congratulations BTW.

Hi pal. You've picked an awesome place to go to. MS has nailed down some good stuff for you to so. Ostins is good fun.

It's worth a look at the caverns up in the north of the island. It's like Wookey Hole. There are tours when you can spend the whole day doing most of it. The East Coast is radically different from the West. Really stormy and dramatic. There is a village of Redlegs over there that they showed us. Just a weird phenomenon those people. It's not a touristy thing, but interesting to see.

The bars on St. Lawrence Gap used to be a bit of a sh*t show. I don't know what that's like now.

Try to do some scuba diving off the West Coast. Alleyne's Bay has some good wrecks to go onto for a beginner diver (if you've never done it before). Don't be hesitant about doing that if you haven't done it before. It's awesome and easier than you think.

If you're going to do a really good dinner one night, go for The Cliffs. It's exceptional.

The Cliff is a great (expensive) restaurant, as is The Lone Star. Think you would need to book in advance for both. There was also a great restaurant we went to at the edge of the beach - think it was called Tides that is worth checking out.

Congratulations, mate of mine got married there as well - the guy who married them was the spit of Brian Lara! Love Barbados.

Mount Gay - Used to be able to visit the distillery but either way, Mount Gay with some tonic a a squeezed lime is one of the finest things on the planet

West coast faces the Caribbean sea, East the Atalantic - so that's more rugged, windier and normally less built up.

Ditto -a lovely place

Mount Gay - Used to be able to visit the distillery but either way, Mount Gay with some tonic a a squeezed lime is one of the finest things on the planet

West coast faces the Caribbean sea, East the Atalantic - so that's more rugged, windier and normally less built up.

Ditto -a lovely place

not on his honeymoon surely......his wife might find out.

someone had to.

Aye - the Cliff is really good, costs a bomb, but you have to just once.

Oistins is great - Fri or Sat nights

Also there's a tiny shack-restaurant few tourists know of where a mate (from Barbados) took me to, was owned by Malcolm Marshall when he was alive - I'll fond out where that is

The Crane - hotel - has an amazing beach. It's Atlantic side, so choppy sea, but one of the greatest beaches you'll see. Go there for a day & have lunch there too - it's a long walk down the cliff face to the beach which is cool too

Aye - the Cliff is really good, costs a bomb, but you have to just once.

Oistins is great - Fri or Sat nights

Also there's a tiny shack-restaurant few tourists know of where a mate (from Barbados) took me to, was owned by Malcolm Marshall when he was alive - I'll fond out where that is

The Crane - hotel - has an amazing beach. It's Atlantic side, so choppy sea, but one of the greatest beaches you'll see. Go there for a day & have lunch there too - it's a long walk down the cliff face to the beach which is cool too

Malcolm Marshall is dead? Damn...

Ditto -a lovely place

Rum and tonic?

White rum I assume? Or thr dark?

Mulllins Beach is the best on the island, in my opinion - the beach bar has been upgraded and lost a lot of its charm, owned by Royal Westmoreland now (or it was a couple of years ago)

Mount Gay factory tour - great cocktails at the end, especially if you get on the last tour of the day

The Cliff is over-rated for me, but you're on your honeymoon so I guess it's probably a must do - although you'll be getting plenty anyway, so I'd be tempted to wait and go back when you've been married a few years ;)

Lone Star is my favourite place in the world - a great place to spend a lunchtime and afternoon. Dinner is great too. Lunch and dinner in the same day, without moving an inch, is the way to live

Fish Pot, just north of Speightstown is a lovely restaurant (and less touristy than many)

There are some lovely golf courses - Royal Westmoreland, Green Monkey, Apes Hill

East coast certainly looks spectacular - but I found it fairly dull after an hour or two. Much prefer the tranquil west coast

Couple of great hotels on the west coast - the barbecue/buffet night (Wednesday or Thursday night, I think) at The Coral Reef Club hotel is spectacular (and its the best hotel on the island ... bar none)

with RP on the Coral Reef - I've stayed there & it's f***ing awesome, the beach next to it - 100-200 yards along is top as well, it's empty & right in front of a massive house owned by JC Bamford (of JCB).

All of the beaches there are public too, so anyone can go anywhere. It's a fairly affluent place, so you'll likely end up chatting to locals & stuff who, in my experience (I've been 4 or 5 times) are really friendly.