By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

World Twenty20

Ibby

This started today with Sri Lanka predictably thrashing Zimbabwe.

Wicket looked like a club wicket was green as anything and turned a mile. My main concern about having the tournament in Sri Lanka being the traditionally low and slow wickets giving us boring low scoring games.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mendis took 6 for 8.

I saw Lancs despatch him to all parts of Aigburth last season when he plated for Somerset.

Yeh he is f***ing s**** but on that wicket he was turning it a mile. Sri Lanka are great flat track bullies though they always smash the s**** and get knocked out by someone decent

He was an unknown quantity when he first popped up with his "carem ball" but he has been found out in the last couple of years getting battered to all parts as cunny testifies.

If you play him as a medium pacer rather than a traditional slow bowler it can pay dividends I would imagine

Edited by Ibby

If you play him as a medium pacer rather than a traditional slow bowler it can pay dividends I would imagine

Yep. You can never play back to him.

With Zaheer not having hit form for a good 12 months now, I can safely say that we (India) have no chance of winning this one.

Edited by carrafan

Ingurlandafrica are gonna win it again !

Haha! I actually think we have a great chance of doing well a great group of young players.

If I were a betting man I would put a tenner on Pakistan winning it they are looking mighty dangerous again

Haha! I actually think we have a great chance of doing well a great group of young players.

If I were a betting man I would put a tenner on Pakistan winning it they are looking mighty dangerous again

I wouldn't bet on Pakistan unless my Indian bookmaker gave me the ok

:badoomtish:

Re Pakistan, you know how it is, we are so inconsistent - if we can get our act together for a few weeks we could do well :).

I think they have sorted the opening partnership out and they have the most varied attack in the competition imo

pace attack is rubbish.. In the warm up apart from Ajmal , Hafeez and Gul everyone was tonked.. I think we made a huge mistake not picking Junaid Khan. In terms of talent I think South Africa are the best right now and should walk this one but theyre south africa

heard a lot of people saying that

not sure their bowling will be good enough myself - but the tournament is wide open really

That spinner they have that got a bit of pongo in england bowled really well in IPL conditions. Plus the have some really strong down the ground hitting which is important in the subcontinent. I don't think they're good enough though....

This is the aus team

3.00pm We have the Australia team for you: 1 Shane Watson, 2 David Warner, 3 Mike Hussey, 4 George Bailey (capt), 5 Cameron White, 6 Glenn Maxwell, 7 Matthew Wade, 8 Dan Christian, 9 Brad Hogg, 10 Pat Cummins, 11 Mitchell Starc.

I don't know half of these. Who the f*** is that captain? And f***ing Brad Hogg is back. What the f*** is going on? Is this a wind up?

Edited by sutty