By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Honeymoon location

Dmitch

Wedding booked for July 13 and I'm looking for a perfect honeymoon location. Will have about 3 weeks and want both city for a few nights and then on to a beach resort away from kids with loads of sun..Any suggestions? Already crossed out Thailand as weather is a bit too wet that time of year.

Cheers in advance

Where do you live Daniel?

I agree with muleskinner, don't see the point in paying loads to go long haul when the weather in Europe (if that's where you are) will be good that time of year - much more value in finding some great places there and then hitting some great restaurants/etc while you're honeymooning.

Stay in Europe, and you could do Paris, Rome, Amsterdam or Prague for the city and then find a nice remote Greek Island. Alternatively, I think the Caribbean would be a great place to honeymoon, and there are lots of nice non resort places you could find there... (and fly via NY, or Miami to get the City fix beforehand...)

Mrs not happy with skeggy as a suggestion might not try any of the above fear for my life and all that.

Was looking at possibly doing miami hawaii San Francisco... Would prefer Caribbean though

Bahamas or as Dazzla said St Lucia.

Anse Chastanet in St Lucia could be worth a look. It is a bit remote so not great for getting around (there are excursions mind) but on the flip side its very quiet, nowt goes on in the evenings (or at least it didn't), lovely setting, great beach, crystal clear water. If you want something a bit more lively check out the northend of the island and if cash is no problem look at renting a villa in/near Rodney Bay.

Don't under any circumstances let a holiday company talk you into going to Altinkum in Turkey.

:angry:

If money was no object id be tempted to do a 3 week break with a week in Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily. Might be a bit too much traveling. Go for a 6 week break :D

Edited by D.Boon

We stayed in Sorrento which was beautiful and a good base for visiting a lot of Italy. We spent alternate days by the pool or on a trip and took in the likes of the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Rome, Herculaneum, Island of Capri amongst others. Wish we had stretched to an extra week in Tuscany or the Lakes but we'll do that another time.

Best food in the world too.