By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Flintoff

Cobs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice little cameo in 2009 to be fair.

Bowled a great spell at Lords but he did do much else decisive?

His body had basically packed in by then.

But yeah, maybe it is mostly since then that his knobheadedness has come to the fore.

Edited by kop205

Bowled a great spell at Lords but he did do much else decisive?

His body had basically packed in by then.

But yeah, maybe it is mostly since then that his knobheadedness has come to the fore.

ran out Ricky ponting with a direct hit at the oval, got things moving again when it was in danger of getting a bit bogged down.

I had to unfollow the t** on twitter a while ago, despite being a big fan of him as a cricketer. Botham was my hero growing up, and Fred was as close as I've seen to that, add to that he's a local lad (for me), and I umpired one of his junior games, you can imagine how much of a t** he comes across as on there. Twitter's great for celebs/sports stars etc to get across their real personality, away from careful PR and management, but it's definitely not always positive.

Actually, unfollowed Botham too for similar reasons, amongst many other previously worshipped sportsmen, and almost Fowler too. The real people behind the sporting heroes, are not always as appealing.

I mean, I've witnessed Botham sat on the steps of Blackpool CC pavilion, on a hot day, after a full day's play, signing autograph after autograph, hundreds of them, not stopping until the queue had gone, long after the daylight. Everyone knows his charitable endeavours too, but when you see him warts and all on twitter, not so great.

Actually , this is more of a negative for twitter than the people involved, f*** twitter, this has been very cathartic :lol:

he'll get battered.

should get into the celebrity death matches though. he could clear up the division. I'd like to see him pummelling terry christian first.

check out ex-kiwi cricketer kerry walmsley ko-ing james cracknell in one such event. on YouTube I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No_z9NyIf8s

flintoff v KP would be hilarious.

Mcguigan has said its not a one off for the tv show. Even a fat plodding bottom of the bill journeyman heavyweight will knock him out.

He could get very seriously hurt if he's not wearing headgear, even the worst heavyweight could still punch a hole in you,

Edited by Murphman

A bit off topic but i was just reading about craknells head injury when a truck wing mirror hit him on the back of the head while cycling route 66. Seems to have left him very broken up. Poor fella.

He continually put his life in danger with his things he 'needed to do', his missus (Beverly Turner) was despairing of him and then that happened. Sounds a nightmare of a bloke from her accounts of it all.

I met Cracknell before, then watched interviews with him afterwards. His personality just changed over night with that injury.

But, yes, he was and still is so driven to test his body to the limits in everything. With that comes huge risk, though arguably the head injury was caused by something with less risk associated than other activities he's been invloved with.

I met Cracknell before, then watched interviews with him afterwards. His personality just changed over night with that injury.

But, yes, he was and still is so driven to test his body to the limits in everything. With that comes huge risk, though arguably the head injury was caused by something with less risk associated than other activities he's been invloved with.

he was blameless for the bike accident, and extremely lucky the driver stopped the truck or he'd have died in the desert.

That Ben Fogle has done a few things with Cracknall and seems to have a real love-hate relationship with him.

He seems an incredibly driven but very selfish fella.

He also looked f***ing clueless as a boxer, as did the other lad in fairness until the final punch. Just shows that even an Olympic athlete like Cracknall would get his a*** handed to him by any pro boxer.