By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

San Carlo

Superjay

How expensive is it? My missus is in liverpool tomorrow with the MIL. In true MIL style, she wants to go to dinner somewhere nice but not too expensive!

Thinking the £80 mark for the 2 of them?

Anywhere else decent in that price range?

I reckon Jamie Olivers is loads better

the San Carlo are spoofers

I'd go the Panoramic if I was hell bent on something posh; at least you get a good view

Whats the best Italian restaurant in Liverpool?

I've eaten in Japanese, steak houses and Mexicans in the city but never Italian.

san carlo on castle street is a great place. Much better than manchester purley becuase of the building.

I really like the food there. Although I must admit i do eat their quite a lot when i am in the town center on business. I have been with the wife a few times, but its getting to familier now to go for social occasions.

Never been the panoramic, i have not heard good reports about the food and atmosphere. Has it improved now?

my current favourite is matou, its a pan asian on the waterfroont. really really good place.

Edited by allezlesrouge

I always have the king prawns a diavolo and then the fillet steak at San Carlo with their fries, spicy spinach and some mixed salad. If I get that exact meal I know I will enjoy it but when I've tried different things there like the fish I've usually been disappointed.

We went there loads for a bit so got bored of it in the end but it's a nice restaurant to take someone who hasnt been before - lovely building, nice setting. The waiters are a bit full of themselves though and not as good as they think they are in my opinion.

Has anyone tried the tapas style San Carlo in House of Fraser Manchester (directly opposite the main San Carlo) it's a bit different and really nice for a bit of variety. Good if you are in a rush too they whisk your food out in no time.

Edited by Leo No.8

I always have the king prawns a diavolo and then the fillet steak at San Carlo with their fries, spicy spinach and some mixed salad. If I get that exact meal I know I will enjoy it but when I've tried different things there like the fish I've usually been disappointed.

We went there loads for a bit so got bored of it in the end but it's a nice restaurant to take someone who hasnt been before - lovely building, nice setting. The waiters are a bit full of themselves though and not as good as they think they are in my opinion.

Has anyone tried the tapas style San Carlo in House of Fraser Manchester (directly opposite the main San Carlo) it's a bit different and really nice for a bit of variety. Good if you are in a rush too they whisk your food out in no time.

exactly

they need to get a wash before they start posing

load of b****x in the main and ridiculous prices; they can f*** off

there are no good Italians in Liverpool but Il Forno is probably the best of a bad bunch - it's possible to navigate ones way around the menu there and end up with something that's passable/quite good

Edited by Molby

Has anyone been to the new beer place in old Caesar's palace on Renshaw St?

Inn i think its called.

Researching for a nice place to watch the Euros that does decent scran.

The nice scran, but good pub for watching footie atmosphere is often difficult to find combined.

Edited by Sion

I'm hoping that the Camp & Furnace off Jamaica St. will be showing the games on their massive screen, food looks really good and should meet all of your requirements including a decent atmosphere if they manage to get enough in.

Haven't been to Inn Liverpool yet but those who have who I've spoken to about it weren't impressed.

My favourite restaurant at the moment is Etsu on Beetham Plaza

I'm hoping that the Camp & Furnace off Jamaica St. will be showing the games on their massive screen, food looks really good and should meet all of your requirements including a decent atmosphere if they manage to get enough in.

Haven't been to Inn Liverpool yet but those who have who I've spoken to about it weren't impressed.

My favourite restaurant at the moment is Etsu on Beetham Plaza

I really want to have the roast at Camp & Furnance. I like how you all share it

I've heard the Inn stinks of disinfectant

Etsu hey! My office looks onto that. And predictably I never go