By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Maldives

Bailo

Is that Male Island? You fly into there before getting your little boat/plane to paradise island.

Do it Bailo. You won't regret it. It was perfect for our honeymoon. Couldn't believe how beautiful it was, but i've never been to other places like the Seychelles or Caribbean or what have you so can only say how incredible Maldives are.

What I loved, as an extra bonus, was that it is sheltered by the atoll so the ocean waves aren't crashing around you. Its calm warm clear sea. You can snorkel your face just below the surface and see dozens of tropical species all around you. Baby reef sharks swimming round your feet when you paddle by the shore, giant turtles, manta rays. Its stunning.

Is that Male Island? You fly into there before getting your little boat/plane to paradise island.

Do it Bailo. You won't regret it. It was perfect for our honeymoon. Couldn't believe how beautiful it was, but i've never been to other places like the Seychelles or Caribbean or what have you so can only say how incredible Maldives are.

What I loved, as an extra bonus, was that it is sheltered by the atoll so the ocean waves aren't crashing around you. Its calm warm clear sea. You can snorkel your face just below the surface and see dozens of tropical species all around you. Baby reef sharks swimming round your feet when you paddle by the shore, giant turtles, manta rays. Its stunning.

Cheers, sounds good. When did you go if you don't mind me asking? We're looking at going end of June/July, but we've heard that's rainy season - is it rainy season like the South Thailand islands where it pours down for an hour or so then bright skies again?

soneva gilli if you have the means, by the way.

Ha! Don't think we'll be doing that one ;)

Looking between Coco Palm Dhuni Kohli and Hilton Irufushi.

Cheers, sounds good. When did you go if you don't mind me asking? We're looking at going end of June/July, but we've heard that's rainy season - is it rainy season like the South Thailand islands where it pours down for an hour or so then bright skies again?

Ha! Don't think we'll be doing that one ;)

Looking between Coco Palm Dhuni Kohli and Hilton Irufushi.

October, 2006. It rained one day. Proper torrential rain, but its warm and the sea stays warm so you can enjoy it. 10 minutes later clear blue sky.

We went to the Hilton, it was all the luxury I could ever imagine, though I appreciate there's even better for those with deeper pockets.

October, 2006. It rained one day. Proper torrential rain, but its warm and the sea stays warm so you can enjoy it. 10 minutes later clear blue sky.

We went to the Hilton, it was all the luxury I could ever imagine, though I appreciate there's even better for those with deeper pockets.

Cool.

The Hilton looks great, waaay better than anything we've been in before, just a few negative reviews on Tripadvisor. Though, to be honest, TA seems filled with pendantic t***s who look for fault in everything.

Went to one of the smaller islands for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. Go all inclusive as the food was amazing and the wine on tap. My back went as well so I must've been enjoying myself ;)

We're looking at least HB, not big drinkers so not sure it's worth it for all inclusive.

And you're clearly doing it wrong if your back goes ;)

Went to one of the smaller islands for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. Go all inclusive as the food was amazing and the wine on tap. My back went as well so I must've been enjoying myself ;)

I always take all my bodily parts with me when I go away. I never know which one I going to need!!

Amazing place. Been there twice now and will go again when the kids are older. If you want lots of touristy sightseeing, it's not the greatest place but, if like me, you just want to chill out, in the sun, cold beer in hand, it is the place to go. Also lots of watersports, scuba diving to keep you occupied.

Can recommend the Anantara and Lily Beach resorts. Very nice.

a bit close to my birthday, but I should be able to make it.

anyone want to share a car from Manchester? I'll have my wife and baby, but should be able to fit a couple of you in. or shall we hire a coach?

I'm there. We can chip in for the present. My wife will be heavily pregnant by then so she can drive. We can get hammered and talk to Bailo's inlaws about his internet life.

anyone want to share a car from Manchester? I'll have my wife and baby, but should be able to fit a couple of you in. or shall we hire a coach?

I'll be in Widnes mate, me and Mrs Leisure can get dropped off at yours if it suits?

Or pick us up?

The speech is f*cking dynamite, btw.

Knox is totally sorting out the stag do, right? Brumstock is finally go.

I'm glad you lot approve - it's going to be ace. When you lot get down to Birmingham way, pull off the M6 at J9, then park in the Ikea carpark there. I'll look out for you and come and find you all, it's a bugger to find our venue.