By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New New New Music Thread

muleskinner

Enjoying Norths Darkstar atm

Yeah, me too - really good album. 'Aidys Girl is a Computer' was / is a fantastic single. Easily one of the best records of last year.

'Anedia' by Guido is another really good dubstep album. And Eskmo's album is pretty heavy too.

'Fauna' by Jneiro Jarel is brilliantly weird.

There is also a compilation called 'Proximity One : Narrative of a City' that showcases the LA bass scene and is well worth tracking down.

'Vade' by Roel Funcken is good too.

Aidys Girl's... was the first I'd heard of them so was looking forward to this release and it doesn't disappoint.

I picked a couple of the albums from your last recommendations and cloud seed is indeed excellent, so picked up degenerate as well, the clubroot was also very good but I think that jarvik mindstate is the best of the bunch

I'm going to check these out now :thumbs:

just seen that the Guido is released on punch drunk as well peverelist seems to be doing a lot right

• 2 weeks later...

The old one looks to have died or been locked away so . .Tony Lionni's new (debut) album, after a string of classic EP's, As One on Freerange Records is stunning, Detroit inspired house and techno that sounds wonderfully old school and stunningly new at the same time. He's right up there with the best lads from Detroit at the moment.

A bonafide scouse genius this fella, get on it if's your kind of bag.

Is very good.

If you like that. Check out a guy called Ian O' Donovan. He is in a similar vein, but with a bit more melody. He's got a couple of decent mixes on Mixing.dj, which are worth checking out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might not be the most appropriate place for it but I couldn't find any other and can't be arsed to start one, so there. :hmm:

anyhoo, the world of the terminal bedwetters is agog with this new bootleg of demos & alternates so i thought i'd stick a link here as there's one or two old connoisseurs here that might appreciate it. There's links to lossless & 320 mp3.

The Smiths are back! Sort of....

:hooked:

Quite liking The ArchAndroid by Janelle Monae, missed it when it was first released.

Heard varying reviews, will have to give it a go myself.

Mate of mine (who's into R+B) reckoned it was just a pretty bog-standard R+B album and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

Heard varying reviews, will have to give it a go myself.

Mate of mine (who's into R+B) reckoned it was just a pretty bog-standard R+B album and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

There are a couple of smoochy ballads that are a bit duff. The track with big boi is great, its got a fair bit going on throughout and she is a great singer.

• 3 weeks later...

For the electronica fans I'd definitely be recommending A.D.L.R and Foam on the Waves of Space-Time and Fancy Mike Madison Square Gardener for the fans of instrumental Hip-Hop.

There's a comp out yesterday of Lost from Methodology that has some cracking dubstep from newer / less well known producers although it's only available for download there's some great stuff on it.

For the electronica fans I'd definitely be recommending A.D.L.R and Foam on the Waves of Space-Time and Fancy Mike Madison Square Gardener for the fans of instrumental Hip-Hop.

There's a comp out yesterday of Lost from Methodology that has some cracking dubstep from newer / less well known producers although it's only available for download there's some great stuff on it.

Cool - will check those out :thumbs: