By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Rome

Superjay

One of my mates is getting married there in may next year. I've never been.

Finding it hard to find a flight from up north. Do none of the budgets fly there? Jet2 fly out of manchester but would rather fly from leeds, dooncaster or east midlands.... anyone gone from there before?

Also I'm tight on time available to go, I might be able to swing an extra day to sightsee and that. Would it be worth my while or am I better off leaving it and going later in the year and doing a proper trip?

Rome > rest of the world

Also I'm tight on time available to go, I might be able to swing an extra day to sightsee and that. Would it be worth my while or am I better off leaving it and going later in the year and doing a proper trip?

do both

Rome is spectacular

When I was there 2 years ago I was saying people from Rome must go to other cities in the world and think the're all crap

Rome > rest of the world

do both

Rome is spectacular

When I was there 2 years ago I was saying people from Rome must go to other cities in the world and think the're all crap

Cheers, anything that must be done above all others? Restaurant Recommendation?

Cheers, anything that must be done above all others? Restaurant Recommendation?

do the bus tour - I don't usually do that but I'd never have seen as much if I hadn't - there's just too much of it

I had a great meal (lamb!) in a restaurant in a side street near Piazza di Spagna - Via della Croce, I think, or one of the ones parallel to that

Your basic fast food slice of pizza was unbelievably good in a couple of places I tried it

One of my mates is getting married there in may next year. I've never been.

Finding it hard to find a flight from up north. Do none of the budgets fly there? Jet2 fly out of manchester but would rather fly from leeds, dooncaster or east midlands.... anyone gone from there before?

What's your beef with the airports? Loads of em fly to Rome.... there are two companies flying there from Liverpool alone for example.

I have only flown direct to Rome once and that was from Manchester - but it was on a package and flights were with BA so not a bargain bucket option but, as you say, Jet2 go from there...

What's your beef with the airports? Loads of em fly to Rome.... there are two companies flying there from Liverpool alone for example.

I have only flown direct to Rome once and that was from Manchester - but it was on a package and flights were with BA so not a bargain bucket option but, as you say, Jet2 go from there...

Its a 2 1/2 hour drive to liverpool. I live in hull you see.... everything is limited to you once your here. Jet2 fy from leeds on thursdays or sundays... no good to me and cant find owt from donny, nottingham or Humberside "International" airport.

Think Ryanair go to Rome from East Mids, not sure what days etc. Rome is a fantastic city been there 4 times and it has never disappointed, Trastevere is a great area for restaurants. Piazza Navona is a great place to sit over lunchtime with a glass of wine and people watch, but the whole place is beautiful.