By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

This week I are mostly being called

Duncan Disorderly

A friend of a friend was telling me that they had bumped into a girl they used to go to school with, who proudly introduced them to her new baby, who she had christened 'Tuppence'.

The fella was laughing too much to ask her why she had given the poor kid such a stupid name.

Edited by RP

Aye, I lad I knew from school's older brother has called his two sons Lancelot and Merlin-Pendragon. He likes all that knights of the round table stuff if you hadn't guessed. oh and someone else I know called their son McKenzie, after Blazin' Squad or something.

Known sone right stinkers from upper class types, but the best/worst one to fit DD's 'knuckle dragger' scenario was that of a 18 year old foundation student in Bristol I once taught, who having had a daughter aged 14 had called her after her 'most favourite thing in the world' - 'Fiesta' - because she had a C-Reg one. This is made worse in Bristol, because in a city where the natives weirdly all sound like oo-ar farmers, all words that end in a vowel have an 'L' placed at the end.

Hence, this girl would take little Fiestal in her Fiestal to do her shopping at Asdal or Tescol...

Edited by fyds

Buzz and I really have no place commenting in this thread...

...however, was reading the other day about the trial of a man who's being done for assault with a golf club. His then 16-year-old victim has the surname Steele.

His parents called him Daniel.

This is made worse in Bristol, because in a city where the natives weirdly all sound like oo-ar farmers, all words that end in a vowel have an 'L' placed at the end.

Must have missed this in the few years i worked there

My GF saw a young gymslip mum in Dudley get stopped for a randon questionnaire the other day. She had a hi cut top showing off a large tattoo of the words 'Tia Maria' on her back. She was pushing a young baby girl in a pram. Apparetnly the baby girl had also been named Tia Maria so the mum was asked was that her favourite drink and she said no, couldn't stand the stuff !! Work that one out!