By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Contact lenses

Murphman

Two years since my last go at Specsavers, my lad walks in with a pair of lenses in after just one consultation, within three days he pops them in and out in seconds, I'm feckin jealous.

So I had another go only this time it was even worse, blue eyed people have the most sensitive eyes apparently well that's fine but mine are so sensitive they're streaming whilst she's just having a look with a bright light. In the end the lass takes pity on me and doesn't even charge the consultation fee, she's adamant, I'm a hopeless case who should stick to glasses.

or perhaps laser treatment. Now this scares me quite frankly and I've been checked out for suitability about ten years back, apparently it's less effective on long sighted people like me than the short sighted, but I've had to wear bi focals of late 'cos my eyes have deteriorated somewhat and it's possible I'm a better candidate now.

The few people I know have had it done were short sighted, they seem happy enough, anybody else had it done?

Edited by Murphman

my missus has had it done, in February this year - she was longsighted

and is now short-sighted, her eyes haven't healed properly and is going to have to have it done again :rant:

my sister also had it done in April - was short-sighted and the op was a complete success and her eyesight is now 20/20 - apparently this is the way of it. For Short-sighted people it's an instant improvement to near perfect eyesight - Long sighted people they over-correct and then allow the eyes to adjust gradually so the healing process is longer and in 3% of cases requires further surgery.

mind you - i'm talking about women in their 30s here - not some doddery old coffin dodger like you :thumbs:

Hmmm, it seems everybody who's short sighted thinks it's the bolllix whilst long sighted people have varying results.

I'm a bit scared of it to be honest as well.

There's unexpected disadvantages too by the look of it, I bet Cobs bird was f*cking shocked when they took the bandages off.

wife had a prescription of -11 on one eye and -13 on the other. That's effectively blind. And yes, that IS why she ended up with me

She had Lasik about 5 years back and is now at about -1. The doc said he could make it perfect but as she'd likely get longer sighted over time, best to let that happen naturally

My brother had it done a couple of months back and he also raves.

Hmmm, it seems everybody who's short sighted thinks it's the bolllix whilst long sighted people have varying results.

I'm a bit scared of it to be honest as well.

There's unexpected disadvantages too by the look of it, I bet Cobs bird was f*cking shocked when they took the bandages off.

just wear glasses. what are you worried about, your looks?

wife had a prescription of -11 on one eye and -13 on the other. That's effectively blind. And yes, that IS why she ended up with me

She had Lasik about 5 years back and is now at about -1. The doc said he could make it perfect but as she'd likely get longer sighted over time, best to let that happen naturally

My brother had it done a couple of months back and he also raves.

Was the strength of your wifes prescription any cause of concern when she had it done? Mine is slightly less than hers was and when I made an initial inquiry to Ultralase, they wouldn't even book a consultation and told me to look at other options (like a contact lens implant...).

I live in Vietnam now and its really cheap here so would love to get it done if there isn't a risk.

Was the strength of your wifes prescription any cause of concern when she had it done? Mine is slightly less than hers was and when I made an initial inquiry to Ultralase, they wouldn't even book a consultation and told me to look at other options (like a contact lens implant...).

I live in Vietnam now and its really cheap here so would love to get it done if there isn't a risk.

She had two goes

Once down to about -4 and then a couple of months later to the final state. They figured it safer to let the eyes go slowly. her optician was suggesting she do it long before she actually did, partly as her parents both had PRK and have starburst effect at night. She has a little of that and finds dusk is still a problem

But otherwise, she's laughing

blue eyes most sensitive - you big f***ing ponce. As if. Get green eyes, like all the superior people.

And when you're at it - get a decent set of green eyes, then you won't have to fuss with correction

I assume Macca has brown eyes?

blue eyes most sensitive - you big f***ing ponce. As if. Get green eyes, like all the superior people.

And when you're at it - get a decent set of green eyes, then you won't have to fuss with correction

Cats have green eyes. Cats and poofs.

She had two goes

Once down to about -4 and then a couple of months later to the final state. They figured it safer to let the eyes go slowly. her optician was suggesting she do it long before she actually did, partly as her parents both had PRK and have starburst effect at night. She has a little of that and finds dusk is still a problem

But otherwise, she's laughing

Thanks for that, think I'll sort out a consultation

Would love to have laser surgery. Still a bit expensive yet tho. Would be a little worried about long term effects as well. No one knows whats going to happen 20 years down the line as its still quite a new procedure isnt it?

Would love to have laser surgery. Still a bit expensive yet tho. Would be a little worried about long term effects as well. No one knows whats going to happen 20 years down the line as its still quite a new procedure isnt it?

20 years down the line your eyes will deteriorate like they will do anyway if you had perfect vision now

The procedure itself is safe

As for cost - it aint cheap but you can delay payment for 12 months then pay in installments interest free - very good deal really

Consultation will cost you nothing either - if wearing contacts/glasses bugs you you should go and speak to someone

Edited by Cobs

20 years down the line your eyes will deteriorate like they will do anyway if you had perfect vision now

The procedure itself is safe

As for cost - it aint cheap but you can delay payment for 12 months then pay in installments interest free - very good deal really

Consultation will cost you nothing either - if wearing contacts/glasses bugs you you should go and speak to someone

Didnt know about the installments etc.. Not that worried about the effects to be honest and lens do bug the crap out of me so i will go talk to someone about it. Cheers.

Check with Optimax

when I done 5 years ago I got a 2 for 1 offer so me and my brother had it done for the price of one (£800 in total)

I think if you call them and ask them about that deal they should still offer it to you, we even did it in different locations (I did it in London, while he was in Leeds)

It was painful for the first few hours after the operation but the results are instant

Check with Optimax

when I done 5 years ago I got a 2 for 1 offer so me and my brother had it done for the price of one (£800 in total)

I think if you call them and ask them about that deal they should still offer it to you, we even did it in different locations (I did it in London, while he was in Leeds)

It was painful for the first few hours after the operation but the results are instant

Booked an appointment with optical express near the albert dock. If done on say a saturday, would it be necessary to book time off work the following week? Work on pc's by the way.