By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Down v Tyrone

dorgie

So Wayne, Down 2-08 Tyrone 2-08. Great result for Down given that they were written off in advance.

Optimistic for the replay ? Your brother is getting great plaudits today this side of the water for his display. He was very very unlucky with the disallowed goal too.

Me & Boca had the misfortune to be at the Cork v Tipperary hurling game and see Tipp run out comfortable winners in the last 20 mins.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent spoken to him, caught the highlights on BBC2 NI, i cant see Down winning the reply, the team is about 3 years away from peaking i reckon. Ulster is such a tough province to get through because there are 6 or 7 teams that are very strong. Is it true that Meath beat Wexford. I'd have paid good money to hear that bollix Colm O'Rourke explain that one away

Is it true that Meath beat Wexford. I'd have paid good money to hear that bollix Colm O'Rourke explain that one away

I think you meant that as ".....that Wexford beat Meath.....". Yes, they did last weekend. Meath were something like 11 points up and lost by a point :) Didn't see O' Rourke either but I'm sure it was a bitter pill for the bollix.

Yeah, the Ulster Championship is the only one with a bit of competition in it nowadays and throws up all the best games in the early part of the Championship. Dublin will piss Leinster, Cork might put it up to Kerry but Kerry will come back later in the year anyway and hammer them in Croke Pk and Connaught is a s*** championship also.

Edited by dorgie

Was at Croke Park on Sunday and I swear the difference between that and watching an Ireland game there is significant. Much better atmosphere and I think the GAA fans know how to 'play' Croke park as opposed to the morgue it is on football nights. An excellent performance by Alan Brogan by the way, and notable mention to Eamon Fennell, who's about 2 stone overweight but was excellent as Dublin spluttered against a rubbish Louth side.

Was at Croke Park on Sunday and I swear the difference between that and watching an Ireland game there is significant. Much better atmosphere and I think the GAA fans know how to 'play' Croke park as opposed to the morgue it is on football nights. An excellent performance by Alan Brogan by the way, and notable mention to Eamon Fennell, who's about 2 stone overweight but was excellent as Dublin spluttered against a rubbish Louth side.

At the game also and agree completely. Brogan was excellent but it was very difficult to make any judgement about the overall team because Louth were so bad. You just assume that they will bottle it at some point.

Did you encounter the large group of German and Polish fans off O'Connell street before the game? Watching them and and a bunch of Dublin fans trying to out sing each before and after the games on Abbey Street was great.

Did you encounter the large group of German and Polish fans off O'Connell street before the game? Watching them and and a bunch of Dublin fans trying to out sing each before and after the games on Abbey Street was great.

What time was that, ten past four?

Around 3.30 I think or at least that was when i bumped into them the first time.

I think Boca was trying to have a sly dig there at the time the Dublin fans normally enter the stadium ;)

Edited by dorgie

So Wayne, Down 2-08 Tyrone 2-08. Great result for Down given that they were written off in advance.

Optimistic for the replay ? Your brother is getting great plaudits today this side of the water for his display. He was very very unlucky with the disallowed goal too.

Me & Boca had the misfortune to be at the Cork v Tipperary hurling game and see Tipp run out comfortable winners in the last 20 mins.

Had a similar misfortune as well. Forgotten how much I hate Tipp and their supporters. Can't complain about the result. Will be a quite summer for Cork hurling

FWIW They should send the bulldozers into Pairc Ui Caoimh now. The Munster Council won't be giving them any more games in a hurry after the crowd congestion

Had a similar misfortune as well. Forgotten how much I hate Tipp and their supporters. Can't complain about the result. Will be a quite summer for Cork hurling

FWIW They should send the bulldozers into Pairc Ui Caoimh now. The Munster Council won't be giving them any more games in a hurry after the crowd congestion

Don't you just love when they start up with Tipp,Tipp,Tipp,Tipp? I know I do.

Was there some talk a while back about knocking it down?

They have plans to re-devlop it....2nd tier on one side etc. Getting the land from the Showgrounds has taken years. I think they may have it now though. Not sure that they are going to knock it though. THey should & re-build it on the east side of the city. As well as being the worst designed stadium from a spectator's point of view, it's horrendous to get in and out of also.

At the game also and agree completely. Brogan was excellent but it was very difficult to make any judgement about the overall team because Louth were so bad. You just assume that they will bottle it at some point.

Saw them they were good lads

Saw them they were good lads

The "live from the Polish bar" stuff on RTE before the Germany/Poland game was great. I havn't seen a guy who looked more like a furry woodland animal than that Polish presenter in a long time and the pissed up discussions between the Dublin and Polish fans afterwards were hilarious.

Don't you just love when they start up with Tipp,Tipp,Tipp,Tipp? I know I do.

Or Tipperary Tipperary Ole Ole Ole...drives me feckin mad.

Thurles in 1991 when they were jumping all over the pitch and throwing Ger Cunningham's spare sliotars onto the pitch was the day .... Tossers

They have plans to re-devlop it....2nd tier on one side etc. Getting the land from the Showgrounds has taken years. I think they may have it now though. Not sure that they are going to knock it though. THey should & re-build it on the east side of the city. As well as being the worst designed stadium from a spectator's point of view, it's horrendous to get in and out of also.

Its a complete dump - it was crap in 1976 and its crumbling now. I don't know how it gets past the safety inspectors.

In any case they're planning to turn it 90 degrees into the Showgrounds. I think I heard that it will be redeveloped as part of the overall regeneration of that part of the city.

Personally I don't see the need for them to build another 50000 capacity stadium in Munster when Thurles is available.