By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ronaldinho to City

Ronaldinho expected to sign for Manchester City in next 48 hours

Exclusive

By Simon Mullock 8/06/2008

Ronaldinho is expected to sign for Manchester City in the next 48 hours in a deal that will make him the world's highest-paid player.

City were granted permission by Barcelona yesterday to open talks with the Brazilian star as representatives of Blues chairman Thaksin Shinawatra touched down in Ronaldinho's hometown of Porto Alegre to table an offer to the 28-year-old.

City have not yet agreed a fee with Barca, but that will not be a problem given they are set to meet his £200,000-a-week wage demand.

City hope that an deal can be sealed over the weekend - and that Ronaldinho will then fly to Manchester to be unveiled to his new public.

Advertisement

Click here to find out more!

He will be the sensational start to a spree City's Thai owner has vowed to fund for new boss Mark Hughes.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/footba...98487-20599806/

:wacko:

Guest Raisbeck

So they havnt agreed a fee, he hasnt signed a contract and he hasnt even seen Manchester yet but it "wont be a problem"

Ill believe it when I see it.

Guest Prongsy

So that's Ronaldinho to City, Santos to Spurs and someone like Downing or Milner to Liverpool.

Awesome.

Edited by Prongsy

Guest Raisbeck
So that's Ronaldinho to City, Santos to Spurs and someone like Downing or Milner to Liverpool.

Awesome.

If you want to be defeatist.

Another paper might say, Ronalindho to City, Santos to Spurs and Villa to Liverpool.

Torres talk didnt begin till late June last year so there is plenty time yet.

The Sunday Manc, is probably on a par with the Sunday Sport, for sporting stories. Take this morning gem, from a journo of theirs.

Bayern sign Ribery for £17m, with £3.5m added to that figure for qualification to the Champs League. He's Bayern's Footballer of the year and German Footballer of the Year. So he's had a brilliant year, value has obviously rocketed, so for a £1/2m loss. :wacko:

Nice disclaimer at the bottom though

Chelsea in £20 million bid for Franck Ribery

Exclusive

By Paul Smith 8/06/2008

Chelsea may not have a manager but they have tabled a £20million bid for Bayern Munich midfield star Franck Ribery.

Ribery is a key man in the France squad at the Euro 2008 finals, so there will be no quick conclusion to Chelsea's interest.

But the approach to Bayern emphasises that the Blues' hierarchy want to improve their squad - despite not having a boss in place.

Just before dismissing Avram Grant the club announced the recruitment of £16.5m Jose Bosingwa from Porto to fill Chelsea's problem right-back slot.

Advertisement

Now the Blues want to add Ribery's skill and invention to midfield. He can operate in a central role or on the flank. Ribery's arrival will place a huge question mark over the future of his international team-mate Florent Malouda, who completed a £13m move to Stamford Bridge from Lyon last summer but has failed to impress.

It has not gone unnoticed at the club that while Malouda has struggled in Chelsea blue he has produced some impressive performances at international level.

Ribery only joined Bayern from Marseille 12 months ago. And, for all their wealth, the Blues may not find it so easy to prise

Edited by floyd

Guest Prongsy
If you want to be defeatist.

Another paper might say, Ronalindho to City, Santos to Spurs and Villa to Liverpool.

Torres talk didnt begin till late June last year so there is plenty time yet.

Villa isn't anywhere near joining Liverpool according to Ballague and Barrett. Where as it seems either a done deal (Dos Santos) and a close deal (Ronaldinho) with the other clubs.

There is plenty of time, but when we're in for Milner, Valencia, Bentley, Barry, Downing and other such players that won't improve on what we have or where we need improving, then it becomes worrying.

Villa isn't anywhere near joining Liverpool according to Ballague and Barrett. Where as it seems either a done deal (Dos Santos) and a close deal (Ronaldinho) with the other clubs.

There is plenty of time, but when we're in for Milner, Valencia, Bentley, Barry, Downing and other such players that won't improve on what we have or where we need improving, then it becomes worrying.

Does that 'plenty of time' extend to Ronaldinho hating it at City and being loaned back in January, Dos Santos being a flop and Barry appearing in next seasons CL final?

Guest Prongsy
Does that 'plenty of time' extend to Ronaldinho hating it at City and being loaned back in January, Dos Santos being a flop and Barry appearing in next seasons CL final?

Well, now that I'm in reciept of those undeniable facts, I'll change my opinion.

(can I borrow your crystal ball for next weeks lotto, please :D )

Guest Prongsy
Surprised more teams aren't in for Ronaldinho, including us.

At 200k per week, I'm surprised anyone wants him.

Well, now that I'm in reciept of those undeniable facts, I'll change my opinion.

(can I borrow your crystal ball for next weeks lotto, please :D )

I thought you already knew who was going to be a flop and who was going to be a success?

Guest Prongsy
I thought you already knew who was going to be a flop and who was going to be a success?

If you completely ignore the level of players coming into the club, then of course not.

It's just that I equate bringing in class players with a good chance of success and average or poor players as a much lower chance of success.

It's common sense.

If you completely ignore the level of players coming into the club, then of course not.

It's just that I equate bringing in class players with a good chance of success and average or poor players as a much lower chance of success.

It's common sense.

If you think that obliterating the clubs wage structure to pay Ronaldinho £200k a week and preferring Do Santos to proven Premier league players like Barry is common sense then I think you're mental.

Awesome.

:lol:

Guest Prongsy
If you think that obliterating the clubs wage structure to pay Ronaldinho £200k a week and preferring Do Santos to proven Premier league players like Barry is common sense then I think you're mental.

f***ing hell, could you twist the words any more.

I said that class players = success more often than average players. Nothing about obliterating wage structures being common sense, in fact...

At 200k per week, I'm surprised anyone wants him.

That's what I said about it.

We're linked with average players OR (in Barry's case) players in our strongest area's.

Awesome.

Dos Santos is absolute pants.

Ronaldinho is so far over the hill the hill is a dot to him.

When teams like City and Spurs start signing players like Villa and Quaresma is when we should start to get jealous.

Awesome.

And of those 3 only Santos has actually happened, apart from our interest in Barry the rest is media and internet forum speculation which is normally inaccurate.

I think Ronaldinho's best days are behind him and I'm not worried if another club wants to spend that much on him, in fact I would be more worried if we were linked with him.

When did we sign Milner and Downing? must have missed that.

You're twisting your own words. You're the one who said

"So that's Ronaldinho to City, Santos to Spurs and someone like Downing or Milner to Liverpool.

Awesome."

Guest Prongsy
When did we sign Milner and Downing? must have missed that.

You're twisting your own words. You're the one who said

"So that's Ronaldinho to City, Santos to Spurs and someone like Downing or Milner to Liverpool.

Awesome."

Where did I say we've signed them? Go on, gobby. Where?

I said 'someone like'.

Guest Raisbeck

I tell you what, Barry has got more chances of winning medals next year than either Ronaldinho or Dos Santos will have at their possible destinations in England.

Guest Prongsy

Of course I do, it's just that you can't reply to it with any logic so you have to try to make out your right by patronising me.

I've not said or suggested that they've signed, in actual fact all I said was and off the cuff remark about who we're being linked with. Just because you've interpreted that to mean something that suits your agenda, it doesn't make it even close to the truth.

Now, the players we've been linked with for wide positions have been (in most cases) f***ing s***. Ronaldinho isn't f***ing s***, Dos Santos is a top young player.

Guest Prongsy
I tell you what, Barry has got more chances of winning medals next year than either Ronaldinho or Dos Santos will have at their possible destinations in England.

Nobody is contesting that.

The same would be true if Kaka joined Hull and we signed my nan.

Edited by Prongsy

Guest Raisbeck
Nobody is contesting that.

The same would be true if Kaka joined Hull and we signed my nan.

So what exaclty is your issue then?

City getting a has-been, Spurs getting a maybe, and us signing proven quality.

Awesome, as you say.

Guest Prongsy
So what exaclty is your issue then?

That I want a good player, not a s*** or average player that won't make a difference to our team.