By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Main Areas That Need Attention ?

Would you agree about this side and where we require improvement team wise ?

Reina

Carragher Skrtel Agger ?????

Masch Alonso ?

????? Gerrard Babel

Torres

Assuming Carra played right back and Xabi stayed for instance, would 2 top players in those positions, plus, a few stronger squad players be good enough or do we need more ?

Will we still play 4-2-3-1 or maybe revert back ? Interested in opinions.

Cheers.

Carra/Skrtel/Agger to fight for the CB spots so a new RB

Aurelio/Insua could be good enough at LB

Certainly two players for the 3 positions up front, leaving Babel as imact sub and cover for any of the top 4 positons

So:

RB

AM

AM

LB

Guest flaps

carra at right back is a recipe for disaster. I would be delighted with two wide players and a right back.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
carra at right back is a recipe for disaster.

Why do people make these stupid statements when he's been absolutely fine in that position, and if anything outplayed the other two competing for that role.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
I think playing Skrtel and Agger would let us play a higher line, they're both pretty quick, Agger especially is great on the ball.

Carra is quicker than Agger.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
If we stick with this system, Babel has to play right-side and we plug up the left-hand side at LM and LB.

I think Barry is nailed on for either of those roles.

How many times? Barry hasn't played on the left for years and is now a central midfielder who will play in central midfield if we buy him.

Carra is quicker than Agger.

:rolleyes:

How many times? Barry hasn't played on the left for years and is now a central midfielder who will play in central midfield if we buy him.

That's right. Alonso's days as a first-team regular are just about up.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
:rolleyes:

That's right. Alonso's days as a first-team regular are just about up.

I can't argue with a rolly eyes.

Fingers crossed about Alonso, too.

I forget who posted it but someone posted the formation of our spine with Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Masch, Gerrard and Torres and left all other positions blank. I agree with this. Our work this summer needs to be securing top signings for our wide positions. Two wingers are a must. A left fullback is also a must. No more hole pluggers. We have enough players and a big enough squad. Top talent only.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
I forget who posted it but someone posted the formation of our spine with Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Masch, Gerrard and Torres and left all other positions blank. I agree with this. Our work this summer needs to be securing top signings for our wide positions. Two wingers are a must. A left fullback is also a must. No more hole pluggers. We have enough players and a big enough squad. Top talent only.

Carra is the first name on the team sheet. Ask Rafa.

So what ! He can kick with both feet, completes a vast proportion of passes, has a good short and long game. Get him in...

Anyway,if we're short at LB (which we are, and Barry is better than Riise and Aurelio put together), or have a crisis at CB, or heaven forbid Rafa sees him as an option at LM, Barry would still play CM and would walk straight in front of Alonso and Mascherano at CM.

Ferguson bought Hargreaves because he knew damn well that he would be happy in a squad system, is a top player and can play RB, RM or CM.

Hargreaves however, has never been first choice CM and has covered the other two positions quite competently.

Shall I draw a picture ?

Guest flaps
Why do people make these stupid statements when he's been absolutely fine in that position, and if anything outplayed the other two competing for that role.

carra simply isn't suited for the role, plus he's a better centre-half. If you would be content with him as rb, good luck to you, sir. I seem to remember him playing in the full back positions, predominantly on the left, on a regular basis. It wasn't pretty.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady
carra simply isn't suited for the role, plus he's a better centre-half. If you would be content with him as rb, good luck to you, sir. I seem to remember him playing in the full back positions, predominantly on the left, on a regular basis. It wasn't pretty.

No one said anything about being content with him there, but him slotting in every now and again and doing a great job certainly hasn't been a recipe for disaster, what with him being the all round, under appreciated class act he is.

Lets hope Skyrtle turns out to be the real deal and you're not all crying for Jamie to be brought back into the side when the defence has fallen apart and the pretty passing from the back isn't doing anything to stop it.

In the starting line up, our wide positions consisted of...

Riise

Arbeloa

Benayoun

Kuyt

All decent players who have their own qualities but to be perfectly honest I would describe them all as average or mediocre. They all have roles at the club still but if we dont have a single class wide player away to chelsea we're going to struggle.

I'm hoping for big things from Babel next year but apart from that we don't really have anything else. Aurelio is our best full back but is too crocked to be relied on long term.

I think we'll play Gerrard behind Torres for the big games and away from home, but at home I hope we'll play Mascherano with Gerrard in the centre and then a withdrawn forward ahead of them so we need someone like that to come in IMO. David Silva would be ideal, he can play as a second striker or on either flank.

Both fullbacks - not Carra FFS he's more defensived than My f***ing Missus and will rotate the CB's with Agger and Skrtel.

For 4-3-3 to work properly both fullbacks have got to be able to bomb forward, be comfortable on the ball, and be fast enough to get back when needed.

With CB's who can actually play football we should be giving the ball away less often and therefore have to work our knackers off getting it back less often.

Also one wide player, don't care which side as long as he's f***ing brilliant.